PC4000 ram rated at PC3200??

I have the ram in my sig and CPU-Z is reading it at PC3200, and not PC4000 which is what I thought I bought... Also, the model number doesn't match the ram I bought either (991482 vs 991483):

mushkin32001dd.th.jpg

Anybody with any ideas? :confused:

Thanks!

Yeah, good idea.

Just wanted to say thanks, RGone, and everyone else at this forum who helped me in building my first rig. I'm new to all this and would have been totally lost without this resource.

I read in another post that because this is a support forum more often than not you get people reporting their problems, rather than praises which can lead to a distorted view of the reality of DFI boards. I just want to say that this is a first class mobo and building it from the ground up with all your help has been a great learning experience.

Cheers!

Those are just the SPD settings on the chip. SPD info is programmed memory frequency/timings for the bios to use when it tries to auto detect the memory settings. What are your settings under the Memory Tab? You have a legitimate complaint if the sticks don't run at 250 and advertised timing.

That's true..When I got a set of crucial ballistix 1 gb sticks each static pack was labeled with the individual part number..not the kit number. I was concerned about that til I looked at the box the pair came in and that had the kit number. I don't remember though if the spd setting showed the K designation.

Part numbers correct for the XP 4000. I use it in my Intel rig and that is how it shows up in CPUZ for me as well. I don't know wheteher Mushkin did it on purpose to SPD that way or not. I can throw it in either rig and load using the SPD timings and get to 250 with very little effort.

I have the ram in my sig and CPU-Z is reading it at PC3200, and not PC4000 which is what I thought I bought... Also, the model number doesn't match the ram I bought either (991482 vs 991483):

mushkin32001dd.th.jpg

Anybody with any ideas? :confused:

Thanks!

those part #s and SPD information are absolutely correct, don't worry

991482 is Mushkin XP4000 1GB single sticks

991483 is Mushkin part # for matched 2GB pair of 991482

so CPU-Z always reads 991482 because each stick contains that part #

I have the same stuff, see sig. Very fast,

~250mhz @ 3,3,3,8, 1T (only some sticks will do this, mine won't)

~265-270mhz @ 3,4,3,8 1T

~275-280mhz 3,4,4,8 1T

~280-285mhz 3,4,4,12 1T (again, only some sticks will do this)

most pairs of this top out ~270-275mhz 3,4,4,8 1T. Not bad for $240!