Easy BIOS volt mod for 7800GT

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Milkshake
sweetness....... i got 510/1.23 stable now, hopefully with this i can hit somewhere between 1.27 or 1.3 :)

What delta are you using?

I can run mine at 490 but with a delta of 40 so its really 530mhz core while running in "3d performance mode".

0 delta lol. i dont wanna play with stuff im not 100% sure is, and in this case i dont even know what is Delta really is.... i just set it at 510 from rivatuner, played, bench, all stable, then flash it.

is having a delta really boost performance? or is it just gonna make ur vga live longer coz it will downclock as much as the delta when its not needed?

where do u change delta at? idk where to find it

if u dont know, better not change it... i didnt.... :P

but if u REALLY wanna kno, check the earlier posts on this thread. it shows u how to change ur bios and flash ur card. if u look closer, theres a setting to change it as well.

OKAY, Delta results, ive been itching to do it so wth, here we go........

core/mem = 510/1.23 delta: 0

3Dmark06 = 4143

core/mem = 480/1.23 delta: 30 (so theoritically, 480+30 = 510)

3Dmark06 = 4059

duh... back to delta=0.

Please note on Rivatuner's Hardware Monitoring's Core clock=

delta=0

geometricdomain=shaderdomain=ROPdomain=510.30Mhz.

delta=30

geometricdomain=510.02Mhz

shaderdomain=ROPdomain=486.00Mhz

i guess that kinda explains the lower 3dmark score...... those values are constant btw... didnt move even 1mhz throughout the whole benchmark......

so........judge as u want, but in my case, delta=bad.

i got my evga 7800 gt running 5251.20 with just changing the volts to 1.5. but idk if it really helped maybe somewhat. before i did softmod i would autooverclock to 5151.20 anyhow. but somtimes it would only do 4991.7 my gpu is water cooled on its own loop. and temps ate 31idle and dont go past 38 load. i think i can do beter on core but i guess i need to hardmod. i think this newer evga had delta locked out because io cant find anything that says delta in the bios.

i checked the volts with a voltmeter and it read 1.51 volts is there a way i can increase the corevolts even more and get better results? i think theres a way in the bios cause i got it to read 1.6v before but no diff in overlocking

1.5 is about what the G70 series GPU can utilize at most, so i dont think cranking it up will do u good. its possible with some crazy 1.7 or higher u'll squeeze a few more mhz i HEARD*, but i dont recommend that.

1.5 is good enough for ur core, and for the memory u still have to do the hardmod. but if ur happy as is, thendont do it. u can screw up $400 in a split second. and no way to recover it.

tell us ur results with the Delta and without ;) i got lower score with the delta. and before u comment anything on it, please read the previous page lol i got al the results in my previous post.