Bonehead move of the year...

Graphite

First I'd like to say hello to everyone here. I've heard alot of good things about the support on this board. That alone made me purchase yet another DFI board. Hope to get help when needed, and help those if possible. Again, thanks for the forums guys.

Down to the dirty business....

So i'm upgrading from my amd 2600 xp-m running at 250x10, on a DFI LP ultra2-b, to a bit newer system listed in my signature. Got everything said and done from newegg, checked it many many many.....to many times. Under budget by $3.27!!! Went to the store and got myself a Mountain Dew and a pack of gum. I was in a really good mood.

So i start getting real excited, ended up doing the normal exhaustive read of every forum about the cpu and motherboard possible. Stayed up all night. Got to work this morning, realized THE BOARD IS FOR PCI-E ONLY!!!!

I slapped myself over and over and over. I planned on using my 6800gt until i absolutely needed to.

If there is a bonehead move of the year, can it be based on spending about 600$ and not being able to use it?

look at it this way.....you now have a good excuse to upgrade to a 7800gtx...just sell your card on ebay or here on the forums.

good luck

Or a 7800GT. Nice card, can overclock well(depending what card you buy and what you wanna do with it), and great power usage figures. Not as good as a GTX, but also not as hungry. :-)

Muggie2

Thanks for the support guys, and for laughing with me.

Trying to sell a 6800 anywhere won't get me much, but it'll help to get a 7800gt or something along those lines.

Being a poor college student, and trying to get money scrounged up was hard enough for the mobo and cpu. Gunna have to start selling my soul for a video.

Selling - Soul. Will trade for 7800GT pci-e

You may get enough to at least cut the cost of getting the 7800GT in half!

I just sold two 6800 cards on ebay which fetched about $125.00 a piece which I thought was a little on the low end. At least they just about covered the cost of my XFX 7800GT which is a excellent card. Good Luck!

Selling - Soul. Will trade for 7800GT pci-e

If I sold my soul for a 7800GT I think I would still have to come with some cash.

What kind of money do you want for the 6800? Might be able to turn my 6600GT and upgrade my Intel rig.

Or a 7800GT. Nice card, can overclock well(depending what card you buy and what you wanna do with it), and great power usage figures. Not as good as a GTX, but also not as hungry. :-)

Muggie2

I LOVE my 7800GT.

:-D

eVGA specializes in a "trade-up" program. I don't know if this would benefit you, but go to their site and check 'er out!

Made a few interesting trades, I almost feel like Lloyd in dumb and dumber....trading the dead parrot for some cash.

Sold the 6800 to a kid down the hall for 200$, cause the arctic cooler "makes it run really fast". Got rid of a bunch of old games to that same kid, got $100 from about 50$ worth of games i don't play anymore.

Borrowed 50$ from my roomate and got myself a BFG tech 7800gt. Should work just fine.

Hell that was pretty quick. I personally would have looked at the EVGA offerings just because generally they are priced lower then BFG. I am not saying I wouldn't take a BFG, its just EVGA seem to have a lower intial cost on them.

Sold the 6800 to a kid down the hall for 200$, cause the arctic cooler "makes it run really fast". Got rid of a bunch of old games to that same kid, got $100 from about 50$ worth of games i don't play anymore.

YES! there's the college spirit! a little creative marketing and a lack of knowledge on the buyer's end and you're set.