OCZ VX Cold Boot

AndrewZorn

Guest Joalaielna

weirdest thing, I shut my cpu down, Went to bed. Couldn't sleep so i got a glass of milk sat at my desk hit the power button and i hear, beeeeeep......beeeeep.......beeeeep. And the first thing I thought was I just posted that this has never happened. LOL

Oh well, time for a cmos clear.

. I'm very tempted just to sell this crap on ebay for $50 and buy ANY other memory.

hi

u shouldnt do that

those mems have lifetime warranty

all my 4 pairs died....the last pair died on a ultra-d brand new...at 241 3,3v....lasted 22 days

talk to ocz....and avoid utt for 24/7

i know this is not what u wanted to ear.....

if u can afford it.. use the warranty and get a new set and use it for bench...only

my 1st pair did 267 1,5-2-2-5 3,4v.....then they died 25 days later....

and so on.....for 6 months and 4 pairs....

waiting as we speak to get an rma from ocz

good luck

Guest Joalaielna

my cold boot problems are getting worse. Is there any bios's that are known for being better or worse?

UTT mem like vx wil only boot with 2 sticks in after comp has been off for a longer time and not anymore right after shutting down.

I think it has something to do with vdimm at boot being lower then set in bios and UTT chips (as not 1 of me bh5 sets have this, only vx) that are getting "used" to higher vdimm stop booting at lower vdimm (at least for some time/warm). Me booting probs started after 6 months of 3.4/3.5v on mem (2 x 92mm fan on dimms & mainboard cooled). Tried 2 new boards but doesnt help. Its the mem itself. When it boots it runs fine and passes memtest on same settings as before, it isnt broke it just doesnt like low vdimm at warm boot anymore i guess...

I had probs with my vx early when I used the 5v. leg. I rma'd a set and bought a ocz psu with externally adjustable volts and switched back to the 3.3 leg, I haven't had any problems since. I think useing the 3.3v. leg works better overall.