Crossfire with x1300

I have 2 x1300 cards but cant get crossfire to work.

They are supposed to work without a mastercard but no luck so far, its really getting irritating.

Are you sure they're supposed to be able to run without a mastercard? I haven't done much reading up on Crossfire itself, but I thought you had to have a mastercard no matter what. Maybe I'm just dumb. Sorry if that's the case lol.

NP man we all trying to help each other out.

I am just getting fed with this board and ati in general.

I think I will rma the vidcards and sell the board, its of no use to me if it doesnt work as expected and with the new sb coming out in january it just makes me angry.

I want to try the asus board with the uli sb may be a better board all together :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

This all sounds very suspect. Crossfire mode is when both cards are processing part of the on-screen image. The master card (from the detailed pics I've seen) has a different connector which allows the secondary card to feed it's output into the input of the master card. I figure the master card has the ability to mix the two together properly and send them out.

I could be smoking something but not at this second.

Now, I guess you could install two PCI-E cards in the machine at the same time and have them both work but the crossfire really wouldn't be working.

Am I incorrect?