Help on installing motherboard

This is my first time to build a computer. I've followed the instructions of the nforce guide by angry games and i seem to have a problem. The heatsink and fan wont turn on, and worst of all my power supply fans won't spin. I've contacted dfi and the tech said that if the cpu fan and motherboard fan won't turn on than its the power supply ;(. Maybe i'm doing something wrong? Also, what power supply connectors do i connect to my video card? specs in sig.

You need all 4 power connectors plugged in, your manual shows it. The vid card has it's own power connector. It's 6 pin and most the time black on psu's. If you don't have one you can use the one supplied with the card, just don't run the 4 pin connectors off the same line to the power supply. Use different lines to the psu for each. The psu plugged into the wall?

im not that much of an idiot. of coarse the cpu is plugged into the wall :nod: .. i contacted dfi and they said its the power supply. should the power supply 's fans automatically run even if i dont have it hooked onto the motherboard? my cpu fan wont spin when i plug it into the 4 slots. im doing this right, i have to be...

thanks for trying to help jiminyC, you're a good man! i dont care what they say!

i contacted dfi and they said its the power supply. should the power supply 's fans automatically run even if i dont have it hooked onto the motherboard?

NO. You have to have the PSU connected to the motherboard for the PSU to turn on.

my cpu fan wont spin when i plug it into the 4 slots. im doing this right, i have to be...

You have to plug the CPU fan into the motherboard...take the 3-pin connector thats attached to the fan and plug it into the motherboard fan connecter labled 'CPU FAN'.

Consult your manual for more info...

Is the wall plug live, it could be borked. Try to plug something else like a lamp in the socket. If it works, then I would guess your PSU is defective.

He has to have the PSU connected to the motherboard and the wall for it to show any signs of life...don't worry dopefree your PSU ISNT dead.

I asked the same question on my first build...http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28017

ballistix can you contact me on aim or something? since u had this problem maybe u could help me. i thought i followed the tutorial right, i had everything plugged in and it still woudlnt work. also i read your first build post and you said u switched to easy power mode,, what is this? lol im a noob somebody save me! :sad:

aim =dopefreerasta

thanks!