3800+ overclock 4 a DFI noob

Guest Tainted_merged

Guest Tainted

Hi everyone,

Seems these DFI boards have far more options than I am ever used to. Going to take me longer to get know this board than it did my girlfriend!!!!

Can anyone say if lowering ram to 100mhz will completely remove it from being a problem so I can focus on what the chip will get upto.

Looking to have my 3800+ at 2.5ghz but when I get it up I am probally going to need 1.55v to get it stable and motherboard temps seem high!!! 50c!!! is this normal. CPU0 always fails firs tit seems.

Also does anyone have the OCZ EL 4000 2 x 512mb memory and some some timmings I can try. Went through the memory guide and used all the figures listed for stablity and the system hung when trying to book and then reset the bios.

Can't see how some have 2.7ghz on 1.45v!!!! Is this purely down to luck of the draw on the chip they received or are those dam memory timmings sorting it out.

Also goign by the DFI site and what the winparty bios thing says my bios is I seem to have the latest. Reading the bios section the DFI website and that don't seem to match. Am I using an ok bios or is there a better the majority here are using for X2 processors?

Thanks,

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

Seems these DFI boards have far more options than I am ever used to. Going to take me longer to get know this board than it did my girlfriend!!!!

Can anyone say if lowering ram to 100mhz will completely remove it from being a problem so I can focus on what the chip will get upto.

Looking to have my 3800+ at 2.5ghz but when I get it up I am probally going to need 1.55v to get it stable and motherboard temps seem high!!! 50c!!! is this normal. CPU0 always fails firs tit seems.

Also does anyone have the OCZ EL 4000 2 x 512mb memory and some some timmings I can try. Went through the memory guide and used all the figures listed for stablity and the system hung when trying to book and then reset the bios.

Can't see how some have 2.7ghz on 1.45v!!!! Is this purely down to luck of the draw on the chip they received or are those dam memory timmings sorting it out.

Also goign by the DFI site and what the winparty bios thing says my bios is I seem to have the latest. Reading the bios section the DFI website and that don't seem to match. Am I using an ok bios or is there a better the majority here are using for X2 processors?

Thanks,

Hm... ive got the same problem... i have to use alot of vcore to get it stable @ 2.5ghz etc...

Guest Tainted
Hm... ive got the same problem... i have to use alot of vcore to get it stable @ 2.5ghz etc...

Your sig says 1.41v are you also using the some percentage on top of that?

Nope... how much do you need for 2400Mhz ?

Is that the results of what MBM another program tells you, or what you set it to in bios?? Because there is not a 1.41 option without a divider... there are many options but not a 1.41 even WITH a divider.

1.403 (1.275x110)

1.404 (1.350x104)

1.413 (1.250x113)

1.430 (1.375x104)

1.430 (1.300x110)

1.441 (1.275x113)

1.456 (1.400x104)

1.458 (1.325x110)

I would guess that you have your bios set to 1.45, which gets me somewhat stable, prime for an hour or so, how long is it stable with dual prime??

Results will be different for each person...It took me 1.469v (1.3x113) at 2.4ghz to be 24+ hour stable... which shows up in MBM as 1.41v but tested with a DMM is 1.469. My cpu 0 is the weak one, my cpu 1 can do 2.4ghz on sub 1.4 voltage, core 0 dies on anything below 1.45 on prime.

Hi everyone,

Thanks,

I get mine to 2.5GHz with only 1.39v....Maybe I just got lucky...I'm also using a XP-90 and a NeoPower supply which provides some really clean and efficient power to my entire system...

2.5Gh (250 *10) on 1.39v? No Way, at least not prime stable, yes you can probably boot, but no way that survives Prime95 on 2 cores for 24h. I needed1.350 * 110% (=1.485) to run 24h dual core prime stable. even 1.325 * 110% (=1.458) stopped after 7.5 hours)

2.5Gh (250 *10) on 1.39v? No Way, at least not prime stable, yes you can probably boot, but no way that survives Prime95 on 2 cores for 24h. I needed1.350 * 110% (=1.485) to run 24h dual core prime stable. even 1.325 * 110% (=1.458) stopped after 7.5 hours)

I'm just lucky I guess...I ran dual prime stable for 12 hours...I started it when I went to work and when I came home it was still running...Didn't take any screen shots...But I could do it again tomorrow.

Guest Tainted

Got mine stable yesterday at 2.4ghz @1.4v. Stable I mean more than 8hours. It's cold here in London at the moment so it helps a little I guess. :cool:

Though I had to change volts from 1.4v and goto 1.3v plus 113% to get the 2.5ghz running more than 10minutes. Hopefully it's still going when I get home.

These %volts really are helpful.

I don't want to go more than 1.5v otherwise heat is going to be an issue for me. I have 6 drives in this thing and it's keeping the room wam so far! Though at 2.4ghz it was not going above 38-40c.

Edit: Forgot I have not touched chipset volts yet. Anyone thinks it's time to start putting those up?