3700 San Diego hits wall at 2.65....please help

Psitech

When you run that 1/2 divider, you are not running at the 300Mhz. You are running at the 150 you stated. Therefore it would be 150x9 = 1350 = 1.35Ghz

Am I doing that correctly?

You need to try like 9/10 or something, so its running just under full speed.

Check out this link here

That should clear up your divider confusion.

No this is wrong...The divider only slows the ram down..it's a Ram divider, not a cpu divider. To slow the cpu down you use the htt and/or cpu multi.

shoe3k... do you have a typo in your sig? It shows 'X2' 3700+ SD ... X2's only come 3800+ and up.

Just lettin ya know.

Psitech... I wouldn't recommend going over 1.6v

I'm running at 1.525v and never had to go over. You're drastically decreasing its life if you bump it up that high.

Just a typo.

That's why. From what I see, his setup is on air and I was referring to that type of setup.

I'm running 1.65volts and temps are 43c at load. I've got some headroom left as far as temps go. This vapochill micro extreme gets the job done (short of water or phase ofcourse).

• 2 months later...

Just thoght I would chip in with my 3700 specs so far.

Currently I am trying at 285x10 @ 1.46V according to CPU-Z (1.5V BIOS VID value).

I use the 623-2 BIOS.

Chipset voltage upped to 1.6 (I believe) and LTD voltage uppped to 1.3 (from 1.2 I also believe...).

Idle around 35-ish, Load after an hour of Prime95 is 45ish. This is with relaxed fan speeds (85% CPufan, 65% Chipsetfan).

both PWM and Chipset are also around 45 under load, thought they don't vary much when going to idle.