Think I killed my x2 4200

edgerfs

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Temps were always very good to be honest, had a scythe ninja with 120mm fan. Even duel prime it would only hit 51-52 degrees.

There are no burn marks on the cpu/pins/mobo so cant see it being that.

Thats kinda high heat, mine is in its 23rd hour of dual prime at 1.475v @ 2400mhz, and my temp is cpu 37, pwmic 51, NF4 41

Temps were always very good to be honest, had a scythe ninja with 120mm fan. Even duel prime it would only hit 51-52 degrees.

Wow...51 on load? I have mine overclocked to 2.5 GHz and it barely reaches 40...Although I'm using a XP-90 :nod:

what is wrong with you? 4 days of prime on a dC?

i mean, id accept if your DLing/ or ULing on like bittorrent or something.. but prime?

congrats, im gonna call ya a dummy =]

im not trying to sound harsh or anything but, you brought that on yourself.. GJ!

I don't think it's straight heat.

The Zalman 7700 fan on my X2 got hung up on a wire in the case and stopped overnight. The box shut down from overheating. No damage, runs as before. Well I untangled the fan but otherwise :)

AMD rates these CPUs as 60 to 65 C safe CPU temperture (at stock volts of course).

I would first see whether it's the PSU. Mainboard is also a possibility.

i mean, id accept if your DLing/ or ULing on like bittorrent or something.. but prime?

im not trying to sound harsh or anything but, you brought that on yourself.. GJ!

LOL, running prime on a cpu for 4 days should not kill it

Wasn't the max temp for the amd64s 50c?

1 or 2c over shouldn't kill it, but when doing prime for two days straight, I believe it could.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

He said he ran 48 hrs of dual prime, which is two days.

This is *slightly* more intensive than folding. Let's say someone were to fold for two weeks straight.. should their overclocked CPU die, even if they are within safe voltage and temp limit?

You never even mentioned that it was overclocked that was bad, you said four days of prime on a dual core was bad - as if even a stock dual core can't do four days of full load, which is bull crap, as that means no dual core would be able to run dnetc or folding without cracking under the pressure. By this mindset, half the dual cores sold would be dead.

Yer a day is 24 hours ooeric, maybe u need to go back to school... but in any case afaik u should be able to prime for an entire year without it breaking.

My alternative CPU has arrived so I'll test shortly and see if the x2 is indeed, dead.