OCZ VX4000 Gold Boot Problems

I tried to sent an e-mail to DFI from the technical support site and there was an JSP error so i am posting exactly what was in it.

Personal Details

Subject of Enquiry:OCZ VX4000 Gold Boot Problems

Your Name:Nikolaos Papadopoulos

You cannot stand the spam that comes when you post your email address out in the wide open of a forum. RGone...

Motherboard

Model Name:LANPARTY NF4 SLI-D

Revision: Can't find it on the board

BIOS Date Code:06/23/2005

CPU

Brand / Model:AMD Athlon64 4000+ ClawHammer

Memory

Memory Module

Slot: Brand: Frequency: Size

1)

2)OCZ VX Gold PC4000 400Mhz 512

3)

4)OCZ VX Gold PC4000 400Mhz 512

Display Card

Type: PCI Express

Brand & Model Name:MSI GeForce 6800GT 256MB

Power Supply Unit Rating: OCZ ModStream 450Watt

Operating System: Windows XP (Prof.Ed.)

Problem Description:

Although when i first bought the motherboard the memory was working fine. the last few weeks i had problem getting the system when booting to pass from the four led test by stoping on the third one. i checked and i found out it is a memory problem. i found in the OCZ forum how to check if there is a problem in my memory(http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10644). I did what they were sying and my memory worked fine with no problems in MemTest. still the problem continued. after searching on www.dfi-street.com i found that there was a problem with my board model and my memory. something about the 7 slot in VDIMM(http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10453) everything that i could find in the forum to fix it i tried it but i steel had problems. a week ago i shut down my system and i can't get it to boot since then. i updated to the latest bios to see if something was changed but still i am not able to boot. if there is a way to resolve this please help me.

yours thankfull.

1. Your PSU is under-rated. You may want to look at swapping it out sooner or later. To run the sli boards you should have at least a 480 watt psu @34amps. 2. You probably cooked your ram. You wouldn't be the first. The VX and the Redline (512) ram are notorious for frying. It's poor voltage regulation at the 4v jumper. I would just rma it.

GL

my PSU is OK if the system posts (when it does) i run memtest and prime95 and everything is perfect(no errors what so ever).the last time i had the system running for 20 days straight without even restarting

If you see the links that i give in my first post you will understand my problem.

Try another power supply, the symptoms fit the bill.

Ive seen your clickies but Im speaking out of exp dude. Just try another PSU. It doesnt have to be a big one either. Just go get a cheap 350-400 watt one and unplug everything except the CPU, MOBO, VGA, and some fans.

i tried the test in that link. i say that in my first post. everythink perfect all five times that i tested it.

and the PSU is ok.

by the way. if i had problems when overclocking i wouldn't have made a post. i try to get my computer to boot with the memory.

and by the way. i can boot the system fine with some old 256MB DDR333 memory.

i probably have a bad stick. i tried again the instructions(http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10644) to see if any lack and it boots with the one stick but when i put the other it doesn't. i then tried to take the (probably good) stick from slot 2 and i putted the (probably bad) stick in slot 4. and it sticks in the third led. if that means i have a bad stick i have one. the think is that a few weeks back when i had the same problem i did the same thing and everything went well with memtest. weird. i will RMA the ram. if any better solutions please post.

and thanx by the way.