AMD 3000+ Venice max voltage?

pafsm

Hi,

Here I am asking for help again. Since the moment I bought my new rig (mother+micro+memory+videocard) and the vendor, thanx god, recommended me this forum, I´ve been working on the OC.

So far I´ve reached a 265MHz x9 stable. But I´m having some trouble going further. I do not know if it´s the memory or the micro. I´m still trying different configurations according your recomendations in the guides you provide.

My question is what is the max voltage that a 3000+ venice can take? I´m planning to take my rig to a speed around 2700-2800MHz and I do not know if my present config. will stand for it (1.425v * 110%=1.5675v)

The memory is running at 2.9v @1:1. I´ve tryied dividers and more stable config. but still won´t load windows at that speed. I´ve tryied lowers speeds of 280x9 but still no luck.

Thanx again.

I wouldnt go much above your calculation (1.5675V) with that cooling.

Maybe 1.625V would be the most I would push it if I owned it. But then again, everyone is different. Your cooling isnt all that bad considering that heatsink has a 120mm fan on it. I have read that the guys pushing high end cooling are looking at roughly 1.7V or so.

This forum and xtremesystems.org/forums are the best in my opinion. Might consider doing a search there as well.

I would do more tweaking on your other settings. The Venice chips do not respond as well to voltage as they do to other tweaks. You might try throwing your RAM on a divider and loosening the timings a tad and seeing if you can squeeze some more CPU MHZ out of your CPU.

My question is what is the max voltage that a 3000+ venice can take?

not sure of max but for me, I had to go 1.450 + 113% to hit 300mhz... at 1.450 + 110% I did 295mhz stable... still testing the +113% config but so far, so good :O

insert edit ---> let me say that I only felt comfortable going with the extra voltage because my temps were well within check

Side note: my OCZ Platinum Rev 2 had no probs at all going the 300 (DDR600)... I think it's quite possible it will go higher but I think I'm happy where I am!!!

good luck

~kn