My 1st call for help, (sound)

Angel.O.Y.S

Hi Everyone,

I have never needed to ask for help as I am the type to google and muddle through. I offer my forte which in networking.

Well... getting to my issue.

My rig is in my sig:

Now, I was at a LAN Party on Saturday night all day Sunday. Everything was fine, it was geek heaven with the release of Quake 4 and F.E.A.R as well has having BF2, CSS and DoD to play, Well, we stopped for a food break and we all went to the local McDonalds and when we came back, everything was fine, back to the gaming. But when I reconnected to teamspeak my mic wouldn't work. I don't understand, I had everything working fine!

Now, I checked every setting, I have an Audigy 2 ZS and I made sure I was connected to the correct port, going back from the firewire port, all 3 leads for my 5.1 headset and the next the mic port!

No problems there. I then thought, check the software, now as you may or may not know. Creative Software is dominant over the windows software, and I even have the onboard sound disabled in the bios. So I was getting more and more annoyed, I did an uninstall and re-install of the software, and disaster struck, during the installation, I got an error telling me plxCORE.plx could not be found. So I googled it and it said find it on the install disk, install it manually and then re-run the setup, so I did as I was told.

No Joy, the sound was back, but the sound was funny, and the mic was quiet, so I went to go into the setup and this is where the problem seems to come from, I cannot access any of the Audigy 2 software, every time I try to run anything, the EAX console, the graphic equalizer etc. So I tried the webby for creative again, they are about as useful as a chocolate fire guard!

So I ask for some help!

What I have tried:-

Uninstall - Remove the program file - run driver cleaner and remove sound drivers - reinstalled

Uninstall - As above - reinstall - Via Creative's instructions

Uninstall - As above - Remove the card from the machine, Boot up (making sure it was removed from device manager) and shut down and then re-install the card - Reinstall the software. STILL NO JOY! Funny sound, and no mic!

So then!

I took the card out and uninstalled again, went into the bios and activated the onboard sound, and it works, not to my liking, but..... I STILL GOT NO BLOODY MIC! I then gave up for the night, and played Quake 4 with crap sound!

Yes, I have tested it in another machine. Works fine I am stuck in a loop I can get my 7.1 and it's fine but I don't have the software working to activate the microphone on the card etc...

So,

Please offer some advice, if you have had a similar problem or know what I need to do then please help!

I do also apologise for the war and peace style post, but I am at my wits end with this, if you see a low-flying DFI motherboard over Newcastle in England! It's mine!

Yours Psychotically

Angel

Have U tryied mic boost?, what i have read is that card´s mic levels are very low and some users have reported that after using their card some time them just stopped working...???

Google "Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS mic problems" and U get hell alot aswers! Hope some of the links help U fix it somehow... :(

Yeah bud, but the problem is the software over the mic, it's being a giant sized bugger at the moment!

JESUS NIPPLES!

I just want to game at the moment, I ain't one for single player so my mic is important to me.

Any other ideas as google ain't helping either

Hi Ace mate,

Yeah, I have tried both drivers, the one on the disk and the beta drivers from the site.

I haven't tried the 'creative source' software from the site yet.

This is the last thing I am gonna try before launching my machine out the fecking window

- Angel

That's pretty odd that it would work and then suddenly not. That alone would make me suspect a virus or worm in the LAN party (lan parties are like . - always bring protection!). It sounds like your system may be royally screwed but try booting to safe mode and use device manager there to hunt down and delete drivers before installing them in normal mode. I've often found that safe mode displays more drivers which are normally hidden and create conflicts. This may be different in XP (I've only been using XP for 4 months), but have a look. naturally, you can always reformat just be sure you save that activation file.

Same EXACT here with th ZS. I just uninstalled the CD drivers and installed the unified beta from creative it works perfectly but no supporting creative apps. It's UI is thru the control panel and relatively useless. Figured I'd poke around and see if I was the only fortunate one but apparently not. I'm fairly patient and am in no big hurry to fix it but if you do solve this I would appreciate it if you'd post back here with a resolved tag or something.

EDIT: Just checked ACE's link THNX been to lazy to fiddle with it.