No power to HD or CD drive [his royal newbness]

Guest Monte_merged

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup you'll have to get different BIOS! This board is very picky about the RAM. It took me a week to get it going! Use the 623 BigToe BIOS! It was designed work with different BIOS's! Check out Tmod's Bios upgrade CD @ http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22031 :shake:

I cant load it because the CD drive wont work when it is plugged into the mobo.

It is probabaly that the raam and this mobo doesn't jive :( . She is a bit picky about ram.

But the RAM I have is listed as compatible.

Have you tried a long CMOS clear?

I've had a similar problem. computer will work fine, but once i shut it down i have to clear the cmos for a LONG time in order to get past the "4 red led's" and get it to boot again. i'm afraid to shut it down right now...

I know you said you have tried all common ways of solving no boots but you really need to try a long CMOS clear if you havent already.

If that doesn't help then either change your ram or buy a new bios chip from Tmod

You got to clear your CMOS for 10 or 15 min. and than try to boot up one stick of Ram only! You got to past that boot up procedure so you can boot up from Tmod’s cd and flash your BIOS to something else! Keep trying! :cool:

When you say you tried with a bare minimum, which slot did you have your RAM in? Put on in the top orange slot(closest to the board edge).

The RAM you have has had numerous reports of problems with DFI boards. It is not impossible to get it to work, but it seems to be very hard.

When you cleared the CMOS, did you do it like this?

1. pull power

2. pull battery

3. clear cmos jumper for minimum of 30-60 seconds

4. replace cmos jumper to normal position

5. replace battery

6. replace power

7. boot to bios and load optimized defaults

8. save and exit

Another thing you could try is clear the cmos.. Then before you press the power button to turn your rig on.. Hold the INSERT key and then press the power button while you are still holding down the INSERT key.. If it boots and you see the post screen then let go of the INSERT key and press delete to see if you get into bios..