SLI Problems, need assistance ASAP if possible...

Over at my friend's house trying to get SLI to work (two 7800s). We switched the jumpers and connected the bridge but when booting into Windows, it will show the Windows loading screen and then once it gets to the screen where I input my password the screen goes blank and the LCD light goes amber.

When we boot up into safe mode the display works fine -- is there some setting that needs to be changed in the nvidia display drivers (can't access them through safe mode)? Should we re-install the drivers in safe-mode? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Update -- I just checked both PCI-E slots and they both work fine individually so I can rule out the motherboard. I also tried both cards individually and they both work so its not the video cards which leads me to believe its some driver issue...any other thoughts?

I had a similar problem, i don't know if this will help you...

Try switching the DVI screen cord to another of the 4 output. Then keep installing the 81.85 driver..

Good luck

PRJ

I was told that it was becuase of the new drivers. Try and older driver version. Same thing happened to me. As soon as I installed the newest drivers I would only get as far as the windows splash screen and then I would get blank but still hear the startup noise.

Update -- booted into safe mode and uninstalled the nvidia drivers and then tried to boot up regularly. I got in and it detected both cards and I installed the nvidia drivers again. It then detected SLI so I went into the nvidia multi-GPU settings and enabled SLI and restarted my computer.

Now when I try to boot up normally I'll get the windows loading screen and then BSOD (which flashes so fast I can't see what it says) and the computer resets itself. Still looking for help!

Edit: I will try an older driver set -- I just got a reply from DFI tech support and they said to try older drivers (they have had reports that the newer drivers are having problems).