Plans for bios fix for SB X-FI?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few days after I installed my X-Fi my computer refused to boot. Ultimately I had to do a reformat and it seemed to work for a few weeks until it did the same thing.

I tried everything, but again only a reformat solved the problem...for the moment. :rolleyes:

Now I have a warning in Device Manager about "Other PCI Bridge Device". ???

Where's that BIOS DFI? :P

I just set up a new system and expected all kinds of trouble with the X-Fi extrememusic - especially since i play BF2. But so far i have not observed any problems. Only "problem" i had was that the CMSS setting was giving me a very hollow sounding sound - so i had to fiddle around with that quite a bit.

hey guys,

no probs here with me X-Fi Fatal1ty - except the remote doesnt work (which is of very little concern to me seeing the probs others have been having)

I aint gunna return this card in case I get a duff one just for the sake of a remote- its awesome to say the least - works perfectly fine on the following games:

BF2

CSS

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory

Saying that - I couldnt get the mic to work with the front I/O panel but plugging it into the actual soundcard works fine.

3d on headphones! - it actually works

PS - I gots all setting upto max video and audio and no probs in BF2 so far - infact its pretty flawless - i get a bit of choppyness in CSS but I'm putting that down to drivers as its fine in all other games...

Even with the beta BIOS, I have issues with my NF4X. The X-Fi will not work at all in Slot 3. I have to use Slot 2 and even then I'm getting all of those crazy Unknown PCI Devices listed on a cold boot. Pretty annoying. Creative has offered to update the firmware on my X-Fi, but here are their exact words:

Officially, the resolution to these difficulties will be a BIOS update from your motherboard manufacturer. If the latest BIOS does not resolve the difficulties, and you do not wish to wait for an update, we can provide a workaround to the card you currently have. This is only a workaround, and is not an official fix to this problem.

Notice the bolded text. That implies to me that this is an nForce4 issue, not an X-Fi issue. Hopefully the problem is fully fixed in future BIOS releases. Luckily, it looks like Socket M2 is coming sooner rather than later. I won't have this NF4X for long.