Which temp reading should I trust?

Hi all, I find that the temp readings in bios is different from that in Everest, in bios the reading is 38'C while in Everest it's 50'C, which one is more accurate according to you guys' experience?

which temp is this?

Sorry forgot to mention, it's the CPU temp. Well, I don't think the temp has such a huge difference coz that 5X'C in windows is during idle... by the way, during full load, the temp is around 54'C only (reading in Everest), so very suspicious :confused:

So what tools do you guys used to check temp?

I don't have any problems with cpu/chipset readings.

And for the record, never trust a hard disk temp reading :P

I just got my rig last week and after about 1 hour of use I was going to a lanparty (that means I went with basicly nothing else but windows xp :P).

At that lan I just started with installing dc++ and started leeching, after a few hours I installed speedfan just to check some things out. It just scared the . out of me when is saw a temp reading of 54° for my brand new hard drive whil my two older ones showed me 45° :s

Anyhow, after opening the case and feeling I came to the conclusion that the readings were just completely wrong.

Once at home, while the drives were cool, I booted directly into windows (in 1-2 minutes a hard drive does not heat up) and noticed it was like 11° higher than both my old drives :P

Anyway, to get back to your problem, try stressing him for a few minutes (that should do it) and quickly reboot and go in your bios, not a quite accurate way but if you see quite high temps (like in everest) it could be bad cooling, otherwise it's just a bad reading.

I tend to believe the BIOS as probably most of us here!

(if you have a good cooler it won't help to stress him, found that out yesterday, before I had my xp-90: slow cooldown, since i got my xp90: stress it an hour or two, leave it idle and a second or 5-10 later my temps return to normal :P)

grtz