Hello!

Hello! :) No problem yet as my motherboard hasnt arrived yet.

But I wanted to be pro-active. Should I keep the Bios version and chipset drivers that come with the motherboard or upgrade them ASAP. If so to what version and at what point in the instalation should I do this. Sorry if this has been asked before but I bet you guys get alot of that. :D

Also if its not too much trouble could someone tell me how to install my avatar.

I go to the edit avatar link but there does not seem to be a place to do this.

Thank you, Oblivion Nut

Don't install IDE drivers? Really?

Whats an IDE Driver anyway isnt it important?

Also at what point should I install the new Motherboard drivers or does that not matter?

Just any advice you guys could give me would be great. This is my first rig ever!

Im scared...... :eek2:

Also at what point should I install the new Motherboard drivers or does that not matter?

Just any advice you guys could give me would be great. This is my first rig ever!

Hey lazee butt, never heard of a search? ;) If you don't know what IDE drivers are, you may have quite some trouble with this board, it's not a newbies board! Once you've loaded windows, thens the time to be installing the drivers. And it's better to flash the bios to at least version 623. :nod:

You need to read every sinlge sticky at the tops of these forums that relate to whatever hardware u r using. For the love of god do some serious research before you start. Print it all out. Don't leave anything to chance as this is not really newb territory around here.

Also if its not too much trouble could someone tell me how to install my avatar.I go to the edit avatar link but there does not seem to be a place to do this.

Hey man, errr hi.

In my sig you will see Eds build guide. Step 28 mentions a REALLY good list of what to and NOT to install off the DFI mobo CD. *(the IDE comment above is addressed there.)

Also, if you want to prep, spend the time to hunt your Memory (stable) settings in case its not auto recognized.

CPU will need you to Flash to 6/23/3 bios for full support.

Sticky post above links to DFI.tw and that is an easy floppy flash method.

More advanced methods and in Bios Foruim and OVerclocking forums if you want, but for first booting I woud go with an Official one off DFI.tw.

(I need to check out Tmods new bios disk, but I am to tired atm even to spell well.)

Anyhow, like the guys said, familiarize yourself with the BIOS and setup methods.

Once you get the order correct its not hard, just a lot of steps compared to SIMPELER boards................

As to the Avatar, They are Granted at the Whim of the Site Owner.

Most of the links in my sig should be required reading pre DFI build (IMHO)

*(in general the more the time you spend reading and familairizing yourself with your components and thier issues the less trouble you have if you encounter one. )

Good luck with it man.

Thanks Ocean, that was very helpfull.

I have helped a friend install an asus a8n sli and he has had nothing but problems with it. So, I chose this board because I would like to get the most out of my hardware by overclocking. I heard that this board would be complicated and many people advised against it but I didn't listen.

I hope the people here at this board will be helpfull and kind to me even when Im a lazyas or a dumbas. I don't expect to have any problems but you never know which is why I posted to introduce myself to the community.

Sorry for the inconvienence,

Oblivion Nut

P.S. Anymore research links would be helpfull.

I have already read all the stickies and what you posted. :)

Thanks Ocean, that was very helpfull.

I have helped a friend install an asus a8n sli and he has had nothing but problems with it. So, I chose this board because I would like to get the most out of my hardware by overclocking. I heard that this board would be complicated and many people advised against it but I didn't listen.

I hope the people here at this board will be helpfull and kind to me even when Im a lazyas or a dumbas. I don't expect to have any problems but you never know which is why I posted to introduce myself to the community.

Sorry for the inconvienence,

Oblivion Nut

We just like to drive the fear of god into the newbies....gets them to pay attention....just think of it as a mini-boot camp.

• 2 weeks later...

Just read read read and get a basic feel for current issues and solutions and you will probably answer at least 50% of you own questions before you ever have to ask them.

Hints ? : hrmm. I micht check all the links of the mods and people with avatars and see what they have listed. *(most times many common solutions to common problems are listed.) For example, AG, CPUZ *(:)