Problem using high density 1gb sticks

Hey, I heard that high denstiy 1gb sticks were supported by E stepping athlon 64's. I have a venice, but it only detects a 1gb stick as 512mb! I am running a NF4-DAGF with the 4-14 bios and a 3000+. I have only 1 stick installed; 1GB 128x4 high density pc3200. Is this a bios issue? If so, will updating it fix the problem? Also, how can I update it if I have no floopy drive?

Hey, I heard that high denstiy 1gb sticks were supported by E stepping athlon 64's. I have a venice, but it only detects a 1gb stick as 512mb! I am running a NF4-DAGF with the 4-14 bios and a 3000+. I have only 1 stick installed; 1GB 128x4 high density pc3200. Is this a bios issue?

Im not sure if it will help it.. But I would try a newer bios version..

If so, will updating it fix the problem? Also, how can I update it if I have no floopy drive?

Winflash..

I believe most current motherboards will not support 128mbit density sticks....that is why you only see 512 because the board sees it as a single sided module (which it probably is at that density)

If you were to get 64mbit density 1GB sticks....you should have no issues.

What brand are those sticks anyway? I've never seen 128mb sticks

They are just generic stuff I was able to grab at a local store. No wonder they were so cheap, nobody can use them! They look just like regular sticks except the modules say 128x4 on them.