Can i do better

Well peep's it looks like iv'e joined Darien, yet another stick of VX has given up the ghost :sad: OCZ has offered me the same deal as Darien as well, 2x512 4800 Plat's. The stick that's gone belly up this time is unrecoverable, 1000's of errors in all 8 tests, in fact the only way to go from 0ne test to another is to choose it. I think i'll take the offer of the 4800 Plat's and see what i can get out of them in the LPB. I think it could be a bit of fun starting all over again with different ram.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Darien
Well peep's it looks like iv'e joined Darien, yet another stick of VX has given up the ghost :sad: OCZ has offered me the same deal as Darien as well, 2x512 4800 Plat's. The stick that's gone belly up this time is unrecoverable, 1000's of errors in all 8 tests, in fact the only way to go from 0ne test to another is to choose it. I think i'll take the offer of the 4800 Plat's and see what i can get out of them in the LPB. I think it could be a bit of fun starting all over again with different ram.

NOO!!!! AH!!!!

What is it with memory going to heck these days?

:( :(

Yea, know what you mean Neo. I've been through 4 sets of VX now and even if OCZ had any more i would'nt take it(unless they gave me a couple of backup sticks). This stuff has got death threads all over the Net, a bit like the Ballistix 2GB sets.

Yeah what happened with Darien in his last post in the vx thread...

Allmost makes me wonder.

I'd like to double check to see if it's not a stupid issue 1st.

But man, if it's not, I mean after redoing the bios and clearing ht eheck out of the cmos.

Then the ram is junk :.

Sure voltages and such contribute to bad things.

But still,the way it was going it seemed allright.

What is that vx btw?

What type of memory is it really, I know it's not ocz, that's just the rebadged name.

There are no issues with the config or the mobo Neo, its just a simple case of Dead ram. It happened on tuesday night and i've been busy trying to get it back since then, defaults, reflash, config everything. At the end of the day, dead is dead and that's all there is to it.

Guest Darien
Yeah what happened with Darien in his last post in the vx thread...

Allmost makes me wonder.

I'd like to double check to see if it's not a stupid issue 1st.

But man, if it's not, I mean after redoing the bios and clearing ht eheck out of the cmos.

Then the ram is junk :.

Sure voltages and such contribute to bad things.

But still,the way it was going it seemed allright.

What is that vx btw?

What type of memory is it really, I know it's not ocz, that's just the rebadged name.

The chips are CH5-UTT... my new BH5-UTT is almost as good... but not as goot... the VX hit the same speed at lower volts and could scale to 257 @ 3.37v when working properly... the bh5-UTT need 3.37v to get 250... and 3.58v to get 255... and the BH5-UTT just won't do 257 for me no matter what.

Guest Darien
What UTT/BH5 are you using,I haven't seen very many success storys of it's use on NF2 platforms,as far as higher FSB goes

TwinMos Speed Premium and Mushkin Blue... hand picked from Shroomalistic over at PcPer... hehehe =)

Guest Darien
I thought the TwinMOS SP's he had were UTT/CH5,aren't they AA4T?

I dunno.. don't care really... hehehe... but I'll look when I get home ;)