Problem overclocking Venice 3000+

elmor

I've got a Venice 3000+ which i can run at ~310x9 as max with 1.648v. When i overclock higher i don't get errors in prime, instead it just reboots. It is completly stable at 310x9 but if i raise it to 312 or higher, it just reboots when i start running prime. I think this is really wierd as no other cpu which i have had before has behaved this way. If i raise the vcore to over 1.7v it also reboots at 310x9. May seem like an temprature issue but the temps are never over 52 degrees C.

The second problem is that it seems as if i have a bad memorycontroller. I must keep the mems under 220mhz or else i get errors in prime blendtest. They are completely stable up på 255mhz 2-2-2-5 @ 3.3v in memtest. Doesn't matter which divider or multi i use. The timings are 2-2-2-5-7-16-T1 and the voltage 3.3v

Both of these issuse happens with the stockbios and with the 510-2 fix i use now. Another wierd thing is that if i start SmartGuardian the temp goes up to 70+ :confused:

I've got a Venice 3000+ which i can run at ~310x9 as max with 1.648v. When i overclock higher i don't get errors in prime, instead it just reboots. It is completly stable at 310x9 but if i raise it to 312 or higher, it just reboots when i start running prime. I think this is really wierd as no other cpu which i have had before has behaved this way. If i raise the vcore to over 1.7v it also reboots at 310x9. May seem like an temprature issue but the temps are never over 52 degrees C.
"Revoltec 450w"

Well your already getting a decent clock which supprises me since your psu is under the recommended specs for the DFI NF4 mobo.. So that could be causing some of your problems..

The second problem is that it seems as if i have a bad memorycontroller. I must keep the mems under 220mhz or else i get errors in prime blendtest. They are completely stable up på 255mhz 2-2-2-5 @ 3.3v in memtest. Doesn't matter which divider or multi i use. The timings are 2-2-2-5-7-16-T1 and the voltage 3.3v

Both of these issuse happens with the stockbios and with the 510-2 fix i use now. Another wierd thing is that if i start SmartGuardian the temp goes up to 70+ :confused:

Do you have any clue what chips are used on that memory ?

Ive never heard of that brand before.. Also just because memtest passes doesnt always mean windowsprime or games will be stable.. Ive had my rig be memtest stable for 8+hours and not be able to make it into windows..lol..

I highly recommend you upgrade that psu.. Check out the psu guide linked in my sig for proven winners.. Its going to be impossible to help troubleshoot your problems until you get a psu that meets the required specs....

Well, it's a quality psu with 27A @ 12v+. The memchips are BH-5 as you might understand from the speed and latencies.

Link to a review:

http://www.xtremeresources.com/modules.php...owcontent&id=45

Also I don't run 2x7800gtx, i run a 6600gt so just a 300w quality psu should be enough.

This is your professional opinion? :confused: The DFI disagree! :cool:

REQUIRED! 480W+! NATIVE 24-PIN ATX!

Now I agree that +12V@27A is enough for your system, however I can not verify the quality of your PSU,

as to me it is a "brand-x" & therefore its ratings are meaningless.

Two options:

(1) Borrow an "A" list PSU & see if it solves your problems.

(2) Test like this: http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/show...ad.php?t=137886

Good Luck,

Dave ;)

Voltages:

12v+, idle 12.27v load 12.15v

5v+, idle 5.16v load 5.17v

Idle: idle windows after 5 min

Load: after running prime95 in large pace ffts

Measured with multimeter right of a molexconnector, as you suggested before. Don't have an AUX-connector so unable to measure any other voltages. These values look exceptional to me?

Unfortunatly none of my friends have a better psu then me :(

The things i've got running on my psu are:

mb, cpu @ 2800mhz 1.69v, 2x512mb bh-5 2-2-2-5 3.6v, 6600gt @ stock, 3 hdds 7200rpm and a dvd-rw

i have them before.. superpi will run fine.. when i start prime it just restarts..

seems to happen for new cpus e.g. venice and sandiegos.. try the prime95 made for Athlon 64 systems.. it might work instead.. i dont' ahve that CPU with me anymore.. it's with a friend now so i can't try..

and Kreton VT have bh-5 UTT chips.. i did a list up on XS and someone got it from germany i think?

and i think alot of ppl always neglect PSU issue.. to me i think PSUs are the heart of the system itself.. after trying out a few PSUs on my ultra-d it does make a difference