Urgent !!! Need help please !!!

Hello, I've recieived all the things in my signature and put the pc together, I turned it on all seemed to be ok, the only thing I changed was the boot order. I installed windows xp pro sp1 no problem and installed most of my drivers, all was fine, then suddenly I got an error screen and the computer rebooted but stopped after the wondows loading and the screen went off. I then tried Safe Mode with worked fine.

So I decided to start from scratch again, installed xp, but decided to install the sp2 patch first of all this time, it installed, I rebooted and now I don't get the windows load screen, I just get a "-" at the top left hand side of my screen.

Please help me ? I hope it's not a serious problem and please don't tell me to go and look at the stickys, I've been before but no help.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the "-" before xindows loads. I installed sp2 in windows.

I on the standard bios as delivered. the 2 mem sticks are in the orange slots. No I've not tried with just the one because I want to run the pc with 2 gigs

I've just tried using only 1 stick ( tried both sticks ) in the orange and yellow ports but It won't start at all like that ( black screen ) so I plugged them back in how they were ( I think they got switched ) and I booted up and got to the welcome screen were the pc locked out.

Right, flashed the bios to 623.3 no problem. Restarding and windows launched no problem. I restarted it 2 or 3 times to check and it was ok so I installed some drivers and did a restart and guess what ? it locked out

I now get a black screen ( but he monitor stays on ) before the xp loading. please help ?

I managed to get it going on one stick in the orange slot near the edge, restarded it a few times, it was fine, started installing graphics driver, got a black screen half way through, 10 secs later it restarted, I now get the xp loading page ( not loading ) transparant barely visible on a black screen. I'm getting desparate here !!!