Gas Prices

Cythrawl

Sorry man, I meant no offense, don't get all rambo on me...

Yeah, 35 isn't all that great, but it's a whole lot better than 18 which I get from my 540 stick. I'm never going to move into a tercel (focus or clio) - I'm spoiled now, gotta look for that balance.

Heh none taken.. Its just that I have now had to explain that twice thats all.

If I could get a Clio here in the states I'd have one in a heartbeat. But Renault dont make cars in the US anymore due to them not making that much impact in the US Market.

The Clio came with some cool options too. Automatic wipers that sense how fast the rain is coming down and adjust the speed accordingly, Auto Dimming headlights and automatic switching on. Electric Windows/Sunroof, CD, Sport suspesnion.. and the Clio sport OMG...

http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/cliov6/http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/cli...performance.htm

255BHP.. in a little car... LOL

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I could get a Clio here in the states I'd have one in a heartbeat. But Renault dont make cars in the US anymore due to them not making that much impact in the US Market.

Three years ago, I would too.

255BHP.. in a little car... LOL

The V6 one gets worse milage than my car

Yes it does. (worse Milage) that can be said of all sports cars really. Mclaren F1, Lamborgini, Ferrari, Porshe. Look at all thier top end cars and the MPG is pretty low. But NONE are as low as the H2 Hummer... and how many of those do you see on the roads still, even with high gas prices..???

Jeep Cherokee - $60 to fill up the tank right now. If we didn't get horrible snow storms around here, I might consider buying a nice gas efficient vehicle.

Thats very true Alexia. Here in New Hampshire we can sometime get hammered by Nor'Easters that dump tons and tons of snow in one storm. I have been looking at an AWD car, something on the lines of a Subaru just for that reason. Winters are long and cold and harsh in NH, and I needs something that isnt gonna screech off Dead Mans Curve and drop me 200ft into a ravine.. :)

My next car will be a VW diesel Jetta. 48 MPG and no batteries or electronics to worry about.

My gas focus gets 32 MPG. I want to get better mpg on my next car. The american auto makers just don't get it (and I work for one of the big three).

cal50: VW is butt. Run away... or just hold on to your focus.

Cythrawl: I just don't go anywhere on a snow storm... If there's 2ft of snow a subaru won't help you, and if you do need to get out - you need that tank. Where in NH are you?

In the White Mtns, Near Berlin.

Thing is I can drive in the snow... No problem... I just take my time, and dont care about the a**holes who think they can go 60MPH in the snow on my butt. Snow isnt really the issue at all really, its that damn freezing rain... That stuff bites the great big one...

I say we have a gas guzzler tax

The Energy Tax Act of 1978 established a Gas Guzzler Tax on the sale of new model year vehicles whose fuel economy fails to meet certain statutory levels. The gas guzzler tax applies only to cars (not trucks) and is collected by the IRS.

So, uh, get a motorcycle if you're in a nicer climate. I live in Denver and we have over 200 days of sun per year and, yes, it snows in the winter but even then, you just dress in layers as long as the snow is cleared from the roads or take the bus.

Hey, I wonder if that Dualtorq Focus could be converted to a biodiesel....

The Energy Tax Act of 1978 established a Gas Guzzler Tax on the sale of new model year vehicles whose fuel economy fails to meet certain statutory levels. The gas guzzler tax applies only to cars (not trucks) and is collected by the IRS.

Then they need to modify the Tax Act forthwith and add SUV's Truck's and those godamn Hummers to it.. Bloody Hummers eating all my gas grumble grumble...

i still think the biggest problem is us, the consumer, who can't stop ourselves from consuming more and more and more and more.

as we've stated already....why do soccer moms need a big damn SUV? Why does any woman need an SUV (and her husband usually has a giant truck or SUV himself)?

I actually have reason to own a truck, because of all the crap I have to haul to different customers etc...but I still drive a '93 Mercury Tracer station wagon...when we go to actually buy a car, we've already decided that if we cannot get a Toyota/Honda hybrid, we will at least get a good Honda or Toyota gasoline engine car and make the best of it...but we try to walk to close places like the store, and only drive when we absolutely have to drive.

If Americans would actually start to listen to their own yakking about how we need to consume less and conserve more...and stop driving Hummers and Expeditions etc (gol dang it remember the 19-damn-70's!!!!!!!!) then our reliance on gasoline would fall, and guess what...?

less demand = better prices....when eVGA gets stuck with a $678.00 video card that no one wants....what happens? They either pull it from the market and eat the loss, or they drop the prices on it until it is attractive.

when no one buys gas anymore because it is too expensive and they found that walking to the corner store is actually good exercise and won't kill them...there's less demand for gas in a fractionary sort of way....but with 300,000,000 americans....if 50% of us lived using fractionary consuming habits...it would make a big difference.

my brother is buying the flourescent bulbs that go into household lamps....they consume like 10% of the energy an incandescent bulb does, and last for years...the light might not be what we are used to, but after a week, you stop noticing such things, and start living with it.

same with anything....take momma's weight loss for example....hardest thing in her life was to break the habit of pizza, fried chicken, fast food, etc....that was MUCH harder than doing exercise....but after a couple of weeks, it got a lot easier to bypass the pizza and go for the salad.

i think the same thing can work for us in America....you sacrifice a little in the short term to gain a lot in the long term. I shut all of my computers off every night except the server (and it gets shut off if it aint doing anything important). This is a big change from me leaving 7 rigs running 24/7 and the A/C blasting 24/7.

Heck, if you even just shut your CRT monitor off when you walk away...that is good habit.

so many little things we can do to wean ourselves off petroleum dependence and coal dependence. Little things that you wouldn't think have anything to do with such things...like putting a limiter on your gas/electric hot water heater (so it only heats water say from 4am to 6pm)...turning off lights that are not needed, STUFF!!!! haha....we can do it...

problem is, we are lazy consumers who want want want want want and don't want to give.

anyone see the BP commercial here in the USA where they ask the lady if she would take a cleaner environment by giving up her car? And she just can't live without her luxuries...that is how most of us are....we think that its great to get away from gas dependence etc, but we don't want to give up what WE use, we want others to give up what THEY use.

Until that attitude changes....things can only get worse.

I sorta hope we hit another 1970's oil problem that will ONCE AGAIN wake up americans that they are gluttonous consumers who are the entire cause of why things are going the way they go.

If it costs you $100 to fill up your Hummer 9000 every 3 days, maybe you will learn to live with it only costing you $20 to fill up your Honda Accord every 7 days.

but i doubt it...I don't have much faith in americans as a group...too many say 'yeah we shouldn't burn old tires' then turn around and light a big tire fire in their backyard...