Gas Prices

Cythrawl

I too agree with you 999999999999999999999999999999999%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Also, when I saw that black women in the BP commercial saying she cant give up chochlate, I WANTED TO GO AND SMAK HER TO DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!

EAT LESS ****ING FOOD YOU BIOTCH!!!!!!!

LOLOLOL.. I spat my drink out when I read that.... LOLOLOL

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say Agenda with me. Everything and Every action is precipitated or motivated by an agenda. Goodness of the heart is a tounge in cheek phrase, and nothing more. She is nothing but a political pawn.

It is cut and dried simple. It is a ploy designed to tug on the heartstrings rather than the logical mind. And this is why it is logically flawed and doomed to fail.

Onward !

I think I misspoke and the bio oils only need minimal refining to be useable. Not the full fractioning like I mentioned, but more a screening to the micro level to remove impurities. So the short list of potential alternative fuel : SOY, Sunflower, Hemp, recycled fryer oil.

Amen on the french fry car, I have seen and smelled one on the road and I should do a seafood car somewhere just to piss poeple off. But I would drive an alternative diesel if I knew I could get fuel for it at a reasonable rate. _______________________________________________________________

Yep, *(crickets chirping) still wating on the cold fission / fusion actually. I think I misspoke on that one also. I think it is a red herring and I wont live to see it.

And you know if we used some NUCLEAR power plants instead of the coal / fossil fuel Power generation plants that it would help a lot also. I am 100% pro nuclear energy. Which by the way how many plants have we canceld / shut down in the past 20 years ? Many, and we arent building any new ones that I know of.

So, as per one of the best movie chars ever, the Merovingi from the Matrix.

"Cause and effect, action versus reaction."

We caused it, we react now to it, I have seen it comeing for years.

Casuality sucks. http://www.entertainment-rewired.com/featu...ixtrilogy.shtml

EDIT: Ooops missed a couple I dont like.

Hydro power kills salmon and everything else sucked in.

Limited application,(<-gristmill and millpond) but are usually destructive to the wildlife on a larger level and I dont think they should be on rivers wilth salmon in them period.

A Buddy back home also surveys for TVA when adding wiers behind dams and I have seen plenty of fishkills. (wiers = oxygenators/aerators.) Incidentally we are in the middle of a huge red tide and the gulf smells like rotten dead fish and is full of them to the level of filling multiple stadiums.

Wind power Kills Hawks / eagles / ospreys / ANYTHING that migrates or otherwise resides or passes through the area is a statistic sooner or later. Best when deployed in areas with no birds.

i think what Cindy Sheehan is upset about is that we are fighting in a country on false pretenses (WMD's, and the immediate threat to the USA, which there was neither in Iraq).

Afghanistan I aint got nothing to say anything against because that's where the terrorists trained (encouraged by a regime, the same regime the USA put in power by helping them run the Soviets out).

But i keep hearing how the brave soldiers in Iraq are fighting for OUR freedom...which is simply not true. Iraq is in no way a threat to the USA nor our freedoms. As crazy as it seems, it was safer with their old leader in power....there were no terrorist threats to us (especially with no WMD's to be found since we had locked them down with UN sanctions for 10 years which was bad enough). All I hear about is our freedom, fighting for our freedom...and for me as an American (and my opinion is my own), that is just not good enough because it is not true.

Unfortunately we are locked in for the long haul so hindsight is always 20/20 and we can't change what is going on right now. I don't hate government nor soldiers nor protesters nor conservative right wing nutjobs nor bleeding heart hippy liberals...we all have our own opinion and that is the freedom we enjoy.

We all make mistakes, whether as individuals, soldiers, or governments. Individuals live their lives as best they can (we hope), soldiers do their job to their best ability with what they have, and governments try to allow us to keep to the status quo (heh in a perfect world anyway).

I'm just angry about gasoline and why everyone has to drive a giant Fun Tank 2005 everywhere. $3.13/gal is what i saw when I just hopped over to FedEx in momma's 13 year old Geo Prism that gets about 40 miles to the gallon on the highway heh.

no one wants nuclear power because the few very loud screamers that claim "three mile island! three mile island!!!" so loud that you can't hear anything else always win....yet France gets something like 75%+ of their electricity from nuclear power and no major accidents that I can think of to this day.

I would hope that the nuclear power plants that would be built today would be 10000x safer than the 3Mile Island reactor (seeing as how that was getting on 30 years ago)

but you always get caught by the screamers who act like they speak for the majority of americans when in reality they only represent about 5% or less (because of their extreme views one way or another).

Keep in mind that hydroelectric damns do have some fish killing, but you have to realize that those damns not only provide power, but the ability to irrigate arid lands (here in the west this is especially true) and allow farmers to be able to grow efficiently (ask momma how hard it is to run a farm these days).

like anything...you have to give up something to get something...nothing is free....want electricity from nuclear? Deal with the threat of accident or radioactive pollution or waste.

want wind power? prepare to erect about a zillion windmills and kill a double-zillion birds

want hydro power? prepare for rivers to create resevoirs and fish populations to suffer a bit (though not as bad as the screamers would try to get you to believe...its a big topic out here with the Columbia River stations)

want better cars that use less gas? prepare to pay more for technology for a while to allow this, or for stinky french-fry smelling cars heh

everything has a bit of balance...meaning that you got to give to get...that is just the way the world is.

problem in my opinion is americans (and probably others) don't really want to give to get...we just hope that everyone else gives up their gashog FunTank 9000 Super Truck for a hybrid Toyota so we don't have to =/

;)

I know cindy sheean has lost her son, but I am annoyed by her too.

Why wasnt she protesting when the other 1800 soldiers died?

Where was she when an estimated 50,000-100,000 innocent iraqis died?

why is she ONLY protesting now that her son has died?

Didn't the other soldiers and iraqis matter to her, is she so selfish to only care about her son and forget every other human?

I agree with her cause, not the way she is doing it.............

Anybody hear about the guy a while back this summer who was runnin' a bio-diesel car (I think it was in Mass. - made the news here in Ct., anyways!) and had it get trashed by a BEAR who was tryin' to get to what it thought smelled so good?

The bear did a job on the car! It broke windows, tore up the interior...

Anybody hear about the guy a while back this summer who was runnin' a bio-diesel car (I think it was in Mass. - made the news here in Ct., anyways!) and had it get trashed by a BEAR who was tryin' to get to what it thought smelled so good?

The bear did a job on the car! It broke windows, tore up the interior...

No, I hadn't heard of that before, but I'm not surprised, Mass is so progressive in so many positive ways.

I have read this entire thread and I agree with most of the posts. I just wanted to give my honest opinion on this.

First, I live in a small town in Nebraska....about 1,200 people. This is a tight, close-knit community. We have 3 gas stations...2 have gas set at $2.79....the other at $3.20. I get gas at whichever is cheapest...while some people I work with still get gas at the station that has it at $3.20...as do others. Doesn't make sense, right?

Well the reasoning behind that is, these people have been coming to this gas station for years....even decades for some. And they refuse to go elsewhere...while the owner is obviously taking atvantage of that. It just makes me sick that these people complain about the prices, but have the option of going literally around the corner for cheaper gas. All because the don't "like" the owner of the other stores. And what makes me sicker is the owner knows that he has his "regulars" and takes advantage of that. Call it what you will....a stupid community maybe.....but it is what it is in this town.

I'm gonna try not to get off topic....but I work in a galvanizing plant. This particular plant is "hot-dip"...which means that zinc needs to be melted down to liquid form to coat the steel. This is achieved at a very high temp....not sure how hot it needs to be to start melting...but the current bath temp is 840 degrees F. The way that the zinc is heated is by natural gas burners. Natural gas is going up at a ridiculous rate in Nebraska. My boss' monthly bill for natural gas has doubled in the past year. And we're not talking a $200 or even $2,000 monthly bill here. It's more in the range of $12,000 now....a month....no joke.

I'm currently putting electric heaters in my home. People around here don't know how they are going to make it through the cold winters that Nebraska can have. Being married and having 2 kids myself....it's really tough. But I'm doing my best to prepare for what could be a really rough ride. The wages do not go up in this part of the country with everything else. While my boss is making up for the money he's spending on natural gas with an increase in pricing....me (us) the employees are stuck at the same wages that we had a year and a half ago...a 5 cent hourly wage increase a year is not good enough when gas is going up by that almost daily. But it's that way anywhere around here....so you learn to deal with it.

Finally, what is totally crazy to me is: Nebraska has more trucks than it does people I swear. In a town this size....you can literally walk anywhere in town in less than 30 minutes....people still hop in their V10 powered F-250s and drive 2 blocks to get the mail or get groceries. Absolutley crazy. What does a 40 year old houswife need a big V10 powered 8mpg gas guzzling 4-door truck for?? NOTHING....but I see it all the time here. People are ignorant around here....they think they are "away" from the literal world and what needs to be done for our country as a whole.

My point is....while others here in my town just sit and complain about everything from gas to wages....I'm adjusting to what I have to work with and making it the best I possibly can for my family.

Thank you for your time.

If you had watched "Inside 9/11" a couple of weeks ago, you would have heard that very statement from the witnesses, survivors, and Intelligence agancys on that horrible day. and I quote:

Some of the wiser witnesses think that perhaps we need another Sept. 11 to galvanize our commitment to working this war. One cited post-Sept. 11 disasters -- the Bali nightclub, the Madrid trains, the London Underground and the Red Sea resort. That is, before Sept. 11, there was this terror network; out of Sept. 11, there was a movement.

Like the man said at the end, quoting an FBI agent we need another 911 and we will, it's only a matter of time.

Don't get me wrong I Pray it never happens again...But the USA, is losing its will and public support to fight. These people (the Terrorists) see that as weakness, we need to be just like Israel, if we are going to survive.

People just seem to be not forgetting what happened on 9/11 but forgetting why we went to war in the first place. over 2,500+ innocent civilians died that day. That is still more than the US soldiers who have died in Iraq.

Some people cant even see why we even went to war in the first place, and then you remind them of 9/11 and they usually say "oh yeah. I forgot about that"

Sad but true

The Media does not help. The battle in Fallujah last year.. All they centered on was how many US troops died in that battle.. there was 60.. how many insurgents died?... over 3,000 .. Now 3,000 vs 60 looks like a fricking HUGE victory to me, more so, when you consider how many allied forces were decimated on D-Day in world war 2... but you NEVER hear that... EVER...

Also.. Another off topic thing here. While a lot of ppl seem to be miffed at the whole WMD not found in Iraq, have they ever just stopped to think about it.

The WMD was a ruse. It always was. The CIA, whatever KNEW there was no WMD in Iraq anymore. The whole reason behind this war in Iraq isnt because of oil, or anything like that. Only a 1/3 of Oil in the US Comes from the Middle east anyway. I say, do your geography just look at the area.

Afghanistan is on one side and Iraq is on another side of a very real threat in the middle east. Yes folks thats Iran. Now if the US said we are going to invade Iraq so we will have a Stratigic and military foothold on Iran (IE Surronding them) then it would not have gotten through congress, got the support from Allies like the UK etc. Saddam being deposed was a nice bonus as nobody liked him anyway, but if you look at it in a strategic point of view, the US, once Iraq is 90% sorted out (which is gonna be a while) is in a very nice position to put the squeeze on Iran and its nuclear program.

Thing is, if Gas keeps going up and up like it is doing, the military will be invading Iran on mountain bikes and hangliders at this rate. ;)

And can I say, its actually nice to have an intelligent debate with intelligent people on stuff like this and the thread not ending up to be flame bait from people who disagree but cannot see that its just someone else's opinion. I value everyone's opinion and you are all entitled to it.. This post is just that ..... my opinion. :)