Vcore Jumps on 875p-T

JHoVa

As my title says my vcore keeps jumping around ranging from 1.29 to 1.35 on Cpu-Z 1.30 under load.

What can I do to avod it?Anyone tried a Vdroop mod on that Mobo?just cant hit the 4,1 or 4,2Ghz Stable but my 4Ghz is stable for 20hours dual prime large ftt's.

Another thing that wonders me, is the fact that while my cpu is idle the multiplier 14 is used.As soon as i hit on prime or games t switches to 16(4000Mhz).Is this usual?

That is all normal and cpu-z shows lots of jump in the Vcore.I have tried the droop mod for the IC7 and it didnt help.The max droop I get is .1V, eg. 1.60-1.50.It seems like alot but it realy isnt.This motherboard gives you more than enough Vcore to make up for that. It is the same droop at any setting so it might even be just a cpu-z thing like the mhz jumpimg.

I had an LP 875B rev.B and did a droop mod on it.That solved the jumping vcore,so i was just wondering if my 875p-T would behave similar.Any 1 tried it on this specfic mobo?

JHoVa could you help me out with where to find a good guide for drop modding the pro875b, i would like to try it out to see if that will help. Thx in advance for any info.

ok solved the multiplier issue,just disabled the C1E in bios.But still my vcore isnt rockstable.Any suggestions?May my PSU be too week?I'll try a tagan or OCZ in 2 weeks.
I am going to recommend you try a PSU with a single +12V rail,

like the OCZ PowerStream 520W or the Sparkle 550W (EPS) FSP550-60PLG.

That dual core P4 OC'ed to 4GHz is pulling a lot of +12V amperage &

may not be getting all it wants from a split rail ATXV12 2.XX PSU.

Good Luck,

Dave

I am going to recommend you try a PSU with a single +12V rail,

like the OCZ PowerStream 520W or the Sparkle 550W (EPS) FSP550-60PLG.

That dual core P4 OC'ed to 4GHz is pulling a lot of +12V amperage &

may not be getting all it wants from a split rail ATXV12 2.XX PSU.

Good Luck,

Dave

thx..good idea!Tagan 580 Easycon..here i come :)

by the way..t aint no dual core!