Slk900 Screws

Did the slk900 come with these or do I have to buy them? Can someone help me with this

if you buy a Smart Fan II i think it comes with extra screws (8 instead of 4), but i can't remember for sure. all i remember is it they atleast came with enough so that i could attach the fangrill that came with it (i only use the fan grill because i didn't want to worry about anything falling into the blades. the grill also looks nice in conjunction with my slk800u). but i'll probably end up taking it off later since i don't see anything around it that looks like a "potential threat" to the fan. don't think it will improve cooling that much though.

it comes with the screws that you need to attach it to the motherboard if thats what you mean.

oh yeah. just actually looked over at it now. it has those 4 long screws in it with 4 bolts securing it right now. so i guess i was confusing it w/one of my zalmans or made it up in my mind. and yes, slk secures the fan with clips, but if you use a different heatsink (possibly in combination with a 60 to 80mm converter if your heatsink is smaller) i think those screws should go through and attach the fan to your heatsink (i'm making an educated guess about the screws. please correct me if i'm mistaken).

Edited by Trakfast11

OK - heres what I did - I screwed the slk900 into the motherboard with two screws in a diagonal line then the HS wibbled a little bit but not enought to bother me then I tied on the 96mm tornado I got with it with zip ties. Comments welcome also is the little bot of wobble ok?

yeah i agree with SSG, i have mine attached with 4 as well.

... I screwed the slk900 into the motherboard with two screws in a diagonal line then the HS wibbled a little bit but not enought to bother me...
you'll probably want to add those other two screws. and when you say wibble do you mean you can slightly move the top of the heatsink but the base is still secure or do you mean the base moves when you wiggle it? either way, i'd still use 4 screws to attach your heatsink to the mobo. having a securely attached heatsink is a good thing. Edited by Trakfast11