not sure this is where it belongs, new comp build suggestions pls

sdat1333

hey im sorry i kno this is probly in the wrong section but since my plan uses a DFI NF4 SLI board i thought it might belong here.

looks like ill most likely (like 90% chance) be ordering my parts for my new system next week. Heres waht I was thinking, if anyone has suggestions please speak up:

AMD A64 Dual Core 3800 ~$400

DFI NF4 UT SLI-DR ~ $180

evga 7800GTX w/ battlefield 2 ~$550

1 gb of OCZ VX

Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS (already own)

Win PVR 250 (already own)

250 gb maxline iii w/ 16mb cache, ~$130

NEC DVD burner (already own)

PC P&C Turbocool 510 watt SLI

Windows XP professional.

And of course watercooling which consists of the following:

custom modded dual heatercore with matching shroud, cooled with 2 120mm deltas with a max airflow of 129 cfm, but i will run them at 5v each wich is 26dBA and 54cfm.

Eheim 1250

Swiftech Storm waterblock

DD maze 4

Some BGA ramsinks (and another delta exhausting right over the vid card)

All in my new custom case. Thoughts? Suggestions? Room for improvement?

Thanks

Sean

hey im sorry i kno this is probly in the wrong section but since my plan uses a DFI NF4 SLI board i thought it might belong here.

looks like ill most likely (like 90% chance) be ordering my parts for my new system next week. Heres waht I was thinking, if anyone has suggestions please speak up:

AMD A64 Dual Core 3800 ~$400

DFI NF4 UT SLI-DR ~ $180

evga 7800GTX w/ battlefield 2 ~$550

1 gb of OCZ VX

Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS (already own)

Win PVR 250 (already own)

250 gb maxline iii w/ 16mb cache, ~$130

NEC DVD burner (already own)

PC P&C Turbocool 510 watt SLI

Windows XP professional.

And of course watercooling which consists of the following:

custom modded dual heatercore with matching shroud, cooled with 2 120mm deltas with a max airflow of 129 cfm, but i will run them at 5v each wich is 26dBA and 54cfm.

Eheim 1250

Swiftech Storm waterblock

DD maze 4

Some BGA ramsinks (and another delta exhausting right over the vid card)

All in my new custom case. Thoughts? Suggestions? Room for improvement?

Thanks

Sean

I guess we are having a EOCF convention over here :D

Looks great sdat1333. Only suggestion would be a dedicated fan controller to better control the fans since the 5V mod locks you to one setting.

anoyone have any benches of 1gb versus 2gb?

I mean if i can get up to lik 2.7ghz at 1:1 with 1gb and only get 2.4ghz 1:1 with 2gb, wont the one gb get better performance in the end? Im not planning to do really heavy multitasking with this, ie not going to encode dvds and play games most of the time, I mostly just want this for if/when multithreaded progies come out and stuff

personally i would rather have 2.4 ghz with 2GB. you would have a lot more memory to run more programs/run smoother. if youre not gonna do heavy multitasking or playing too many games aka BF2 1gb should be fine.

yah i mean right now it seems that other than BF2 nothing really uses that much ram. i know future games might use more and that concerns me tho

EDIT: alright doin some reading and it seems like 2gb really overclocks like crap :(

Can i get by wiht really good performance for a while on 1 gig?

EDIT AGAIN: It looks like all of anandtechs tests use 1 gig and its very playable even at resolutions i could never dream of (my max res on my monitor is 1280x1024)

yah i mean right now it seems that other than BF2 nothing really uses that much ram. i know future games might use more and that concerns me tho

EDIT: alright doin some reading and it seems like 2gb really overclocks like crap :(

Can i get by wiht really good performance for a while on 1 gig?

EDIT AGAIN: It looks like all of anandtechs tests use 1 gig and its very playable even at resolutions i could never dream of (my max res on my monitor is 1280x1024)

depends on what you buy. Crucial has ballistix at PC4000 for example.