Very Worried - Need some Encouragement

Method

As I continued my search for a motherboard for my new computer I came across DFI. Overclockers worship these boards and I really want to get one for my new comp. I'm think about a DFI NF4 Ultra-D, AMD X2 3800+ (maybe higher), 2 gig OCZ ram platinum or gold, OCZ powerstream 520watt, since I'm not ready I'll wait to see what Ati has in store with their R520. I think overclocking a AMD 64 chip is as neccessary a thing you can do.

Anyway, when I was looking at reviews for DFI and most of em say that these boards are NOT for beginners. If anything I guess I'am a beginner. They say it takes a while to get this boards right or even working. What does this mean? In what scenerio does this happen? I would like to know how not to get stuck if I get a DFI motherboard. Is there something I need to know in order to be able to use one of these boards, something special that makes me not a beginner? What problems would I encounter that would prevent me from being able to get one of these running?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm willing to learn as much as I can because I plan on, at one time being, not a noob. O, and if anyone has any thoughts/recommendations on what hardware I should get let me know.

I would rather buy a DFI board and have alot of options then a ausu,abit,asus,zues or whatever, they all sound the same.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome to the forum.

1st thing you need to do is read the rules and create a signature of your equipment.

links below my sig. Start reading and then buy the equipment after you have followed some of the guides here.

It actually should be easier for you than those that built their boards before all this information was available. Lot of guys have real smooth builds.

You know anything about building puters? Sure you want to build? Couple of guys are sellin' some pretty nice rigs.

But a new build can be painless and a wonderful learning experience.

Or a nightmare.

Do a sig and read the rules. no more posting till then. catch you later.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20832

Let me sum this up for you. This board is not for...

1. Someone who wants a plug and play and forget motherboard.

2. Someone who does not want to learn about his/her system and what it can do.

3. Someone who cannot learn from his/her mistakes.

4. Someone who fails/refuses to take ownership/responsibility for his/her system.

Note: No mention of beginners or noobs, as some would say. If you do not fit in the above, then this board is for you...if you want. Just read the sticky's

And pick your parts that people hear have had the most success with. ;)

As I continued my search for a motherboard for my new computer I came across DFI. Overclockers worship these boards and I really want to get one for my new comp. I'm think about a DFI NF4 Ultra-D, AMD X2 3800+ (maybe higher), 2 gig OCZ ram platinum or gold, OCZ powerstream 520watt, since I'm not ready I'll wait to see what Ati has in store with their R520. I think overclocking a AMD 64 chip is as neccessary a thing you can do.

Anyway, when I was looking at reviews for DFI and most of em say that these boards are NOT for beginners. If anything I guess I'am a beginner. They say it takes a while to get this boards right or even working. What does this mean? In what scenerio does this happen? I would like to know how not to get stuck if I get a DFI motherboard. Is there something I need to know in order to be able to use one of these boards, something special that makes me not a beginner? What problems would I encounter that would prevent me from being able to get one of these running?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm willing to learn as much as I can because I plan on, at one time being, not a noob. O, and if anyone has any thoughts/recommendations on what hardware I should get let me know.

I would rather buy a DFI board and have alot of options then a ausu,abit,asus,zues or whatever, they all sound the same.

Well, then do it. Sounds to me like you are willing to learn, and you've gotta start somewhere. We'll be here to help. Go for the best DFI board you can afford. I love my SLI-DR, NF4 Ultra D and my DGAF Boards!!!

Best advice I can give you is to read every single post on this forum. Go back through the pages and read every single one. Don't skip any at all.

You do that and I bet you won't have any trouble at all.

Oh and I'd skip the 3800+. Save yourself some dough and get a 3000+. These babies OC, and run like a dream.