Hey AG!!Why is Monarch Computers saying all your boards were BAD?

I'm a little concerned.. Just called Monarch Computers to find out where my DFI LP ultra D is since that is all I am waiting for to start my build :nod: They tell me that they had to send all their DFI LP's back to DFI for new boards due to failures.. I asked what failures and the representitive said " I think something about bad memory controllers or something but they were all bad. So DFI had to send us all new boards to fill orders, just got them today, so hopefully they've been fixed."

AG Do you know anything about this. Should we be a little concerned or not??

I'm anxiously awaiting to get started with the build and do some BF2 damage, But will some DFI damage take place first???

If any Moderator knows anything, can they please share the info...Thankyou in advance:confused:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope thats the case guys. He said after awhile"memory controller" because I dont think he wanted to answer me at first. Maybe thats the first thing his imagination came up with. however he seemed rather adament that something was definitely wrong with the boards. He stated several hundred were returned

!!!. I guess all I can do is try and fly or try and die :tooth:

Again is there any response from the moderators if they can agree or deny what Monarch Computers told me.... Thanx for your time

how would the moderators know?

No offense but they are web tech support.

Only sales or RMA could answer that question AFTER they check it out.

It could have been defective boards that Monarch was sending back.

A lot of different possibilities here.

I've waited on stuff from Monarch b4 and haven't always received a believeable answer. I would have asked for a supervisor or at least asked to have the board next dayed to me. I doubt that you could receive that "answer" in writing.

I mean Mem Controller is kind of a lame answer :D

Guy should have said they were waiting on the latest revision or something positive.

friggin clerk

I would definitely think a moderator would know if it were even 50 boards they sent back, because in my line of work the bean counters freak out and they have a meeting and make calls to anyone in support to help verify the potential of losing wallets full of $$ and who better to ask than frontline support, specially with this kind of brain power going on in this forum.

Anyway, hopefully your right and he pulled the answer out of his thumbholder

thumbholder rhymes with mem controller. You may be on to something.

50 boards at $100 avg cost, 5 Grand, not big dollars.

He's a sales guy so probably doubles or halves everything, down to $2500. Not a big deal. So I doubt if DFI went into a panic mode and called it's troops to Alert status.

I really like NewEgg, price and service without the BS.

I bought my 4000+ from Monarch. Was supposed to get three "FREE" A64 stickers.

CPU came but no stickers. Emailed and asked where stickers were. emailed back they were "Back Ordered". Emailed them again and asked when did they expect to receive the. Email response, our apologies will notify you when available.

Got two emails asking how I liked their service. Answered both times, "Everything fine but still no stickers"

40 days later in a small envelope I got them. No apology for delay or thanks for shopping. Just an envelope with 3 stickers. Not impressed, even less so after your experience.

Hope your build goes smooth, whatever you decide to do.

Eh, bad batched of motherboards happen. Its not exclusive to DFI.

I used to run a computer shop. I don't care what brand you favor... Gigabyte, DFI, Asus, Abit, Epox, PCChips, whatever... they all have bad batches. Its not always easy getting the supplier to replace them all either... I can assure you.

So, I think its a positive that Mondarch is able to get the whole batch returned and a new batch sent.

Now, I don't know if they buy from DFI direct or a distro center / wholesaler. I'd hate to be the "other" guy buying fomer that wholesaler if the later is the case. Because nobody wants to "eat" them.

Anyway, yall shouldn't get so alarmed. I'm waiting for my goods to come from Monarch at this very moment as well... I'm not upset. I'm glad they didn't send out boards with possible problems.

As for backorder items... everyone gets those kinds of issues. Yeah, sometimes it can take a month to get backorder items. I've seen it happen with newegg, tiger, zipzoom, all of them. Three stickers? C'mon who cares. At least you got them, and no you're not going to get an appology. Its standard practice.

In the last 8 years I have only dealt with NewEgg. Couldn't be happier unless they gave me the jewels for free.. Monarch happened to have better pricing on 3 of the components so I saw how "professional" they appeared so thought I would take a chance.. I emailed them 3 times for a status on delivery and they never returned one response. So I called Sales dep and they told me to email again and I said I dont think so... So they finally put me through to status department and I got that response from them...So what did I learn today boys and girls...Newegg or No Egg