Best MOD ever!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done of mods on all types of things(PCs, my truck, my motorcycle, a vacuum cleaner, etc...) and anything can look that clean if you are paitent and know a few tricks.

For instance, modding doesn't ome out clean you need to polish it up once you are done to make it look that good.

I've done many mods and the only ones I've spent tons and tons of time on are on my motorcycle. I spent 30 minutes aligning my exhuast system until I was happy. I've spent endless hours cleaning and using dremel tools to get the exact look I want.

It all comes down to having the right tools, being very anal, and being very paitent.

My newest system is undergoing mods and has been down for 2 weeks during the work. I spent 4 hours cutting out the fan grills to ensure they were smooth, even, and has a brushed edge accent.

I'll be posting up pics of the mod in a few weeks.

This guy spent some money but I personally don't like the clutter. Anyone here could do the same thing, they just need to have time to do it and not have to worry about having a pc down for up to a month.

That is a few years old i do believe. The guy has done a few other systems that are equally impressive.

Yea it is. I read his building log a long time ago and it still impresses me how meticulous he was when he built it.

The first picture in this thread reminds me of when my friend and I built similar cases. I bought an all-clear UV Blue reactive case, with tons of UV cold cathodes, and he bought an all-clear case with red cold cathodes. We both helped each other build both systems. (cutting acrylic to look nice is tough!! One bad cut and your case is screwed!)

Here are some pictures. I can't find any pictures of my case up close like the red one, but you can see me with the case in action at a LAN party.

This is a picture with me at a LAN party. (notice the abundance of caffinated beverages and Burger King)

cugy1.jpg

Here is another one

cugy2.jpg

Here is one of my friend's case, with the lights on in my dorm room (obviously it was before I was married...)

clear1.jpg

Here's another view with the lights off:

clear2.jpg

Here's another view with the lights off:

clear3.jpg

Like I said, our cases looked VERY similar (like the wiring and stuff) so just picture my clear UV blue case with wiring like the red one you see, and that's what I had...

i just finished one for a friend thats all acryclic. this guy has waaayyy to much money though. after it was done, he came over with $100 and said 'what can we buy?" and i was like.. maybe another 512 of ram, or even another processor. hes like 'no i want lights.' and he made me spend $100 in lights. i dont have a pic that includes the $100 in lights, but i might be able to take some pics laters.