Amd Vs Intel

Oh ya there better all right LOL they just got smoked by a intel 2.8. It is so bad they really far behind but oh well they always have. B)

Now bosco, I am running a P4 and I know intel has AMD beat right now, but I would think you would know your history better. It has always been back and forth, not always intel in the lead. In fact, AMD BEAT INTEL TO 1 GHZ. Just look at this article:

http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/99q4/991115/index.html

Intel was not always so dominant.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if you Intel guys know how the AMD XP architecture works, or not.

The AMD Athlon XP 2100+ may only run at 1.7Ghz but you notice the "2100+" name? That means the chip performs at 2.1Ghz+ speeds, (or 2100Mhz+).

Here is my Athlon XP 2100+ benchmark. Look below my benchmark, you can see it compares to a Intel P4 2.4Ghz cpu. A CPU that is about 700Mhz faster.

xp2100.jpg

Just my $0.02

I really dunno... I was reading some benchmarks before i decided to go with intel. It showed that the throughbread 2200 was only performing at 2.2ghz levels... sooooo and 2.4 totally whipped the 2200. That'sh why i went with a 2.26 instead of a throughbread. It would cost the same amount, but amd's run hot and intel runs cool... So no noisy delta fan for me :) I'm going to try an amd one day.... once they fix their heat problem...

• 3 weeks later...