Amd Vs Intel

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If AMD had a 2.8gig processor against a Intel 2.8gig processor...you know that AMD would beat Intel so bad...but they dont...give them credit for what they have. AMD's latest chip the 2200 t-bred is only a 1.8 gig processor ,but it can easily out perform a Intel 1.8 - 1.9 - 2.0 - 2.1 - 2.2 - 2.3 - 2.4gig processor and so on...you get the picture...you know,thats really sad...even when the stats on the Intel chip is better it still is out performed by a mear 1.8 gig processor... ;)

Um...and I will admit it is possible that your computer is running faster but you have to consider that my computer is running a 100 Mhz FSB versus a 133 Mhz FSB on an AMD. My chip would be running 2666 Mhz with a 533 FSB for the CPU if my motherboard FSB was set to 133 Mhz...I'l see the 1.73 beat that;)!

OverClocking is the key word...the other day I was reading a review on the t-bred and this guy got it up to 2.8 easy(with the right cooling)...he said that it was no problem he could have gone more but he thought he had made his point (that AMD is better of coures)...lol...I really dont have nothing against the Intel chips I think that Intel and AMD will always be pretty much side by side...and intel might go on alittle ahead of AMD but AMD always seems to catch right back up...it will be like this till the end of time...but till then ill stick with AMD :lol: