NF4 ultra-d audio module!!!

Good day, folks!

Maybe anybody know about this problem: after Xp sp2 installation and latest drivers for chipset and audio module(6.66 for chipset and wdm_a374 for audio) sound reproduced with terrible wheeze and noise in all apllications! I tried to do everything: reinstall XP several times, install diff drivers, downloaded new bios(v623) - all is useless.

In DFI tech support they recommend me bring m/b to RMA service....actually it's not the issue return working m/b only cause i have problems with sound. It seems there are must be another solution. I wasted already several weeks f****** with this stuff, pls give me any advice, i ready to kill myself after all :confused:

Thanks!!!

the realtek drivers are horrible, get rid of thoughs audio wdm drivers try running driver cleaner but above all clean up all your chipsetaudio drivers and just install the nvidia 6.66 drivers and report back

Hello,

Just incase you were not aware,

The nvidia chipset drivers feature an audio driver too, so you dont need to install the realtek ones.

Also check the Karajan audio module, make sure it is plugged in properly.

Kuniva; Sharp

Thank you for help! I've done all as you said - uninstall all drivers, clean up system through Driver Cleaner and after all install 6.66 drivers - the same, terrible noise from speakers.

Then i find at dfi.com.tw "Audio Driver for Realtek ALC880 and ALC860 High Definition Audio under Windows 2K & XP" and tried to install it on top, but during the installation XP throw out the notice: "Microsoft Bus driver should be loaded in your system before installing HD Audio driver!" It seems very unhealthy...

I don't know what to do, but i want try to uninstall all drivers again and firstly try to install High Definition Audio, maybe it can help(don't know can this HD Audio driver work separetly or only under common audio driver, which included in 6.66, what u think?), and before i must find this mysterious Microsoft Bus Driver required for installation.... can do it only next evening due to work reasons, will inform u about results.

I checked the module - it connected to m/b as explained in manual, firmly fixed and plugged in properly.

I'll be glad if u'll find time and share with your ideas&suggestions...

P.S

By the way, if i mount another one, old PCI soundcard (Creative) and disable Karajan module, all problems with sound resolving. I don't understand why problems happens only with Karajan. It's a unit of m/b and must work correctly, i don't want to use 7 years old soundblaster card..

Guest Spartacus

Try removing the module and make sure no pins got bent. Then reseat it and try again. You'll have to remove the mobo from the case to RMA it anyway, so give it a try out of the case before you ship it out. Send both the mobo and the sound module if you do RMA.

The HD Audio driver will not work.

The Karajan module does not have an ALC880/860 codec.

It features an ALC850 codec.

Something inside you case could be causing the problem.

Remove the board out of the case and of the motherboard tray.

Then build it on a flat non conductive surface, like the DFI box.

And power it like that.

Also, remove your CD audio cable.

And what components are you using?

- CPU

- Motherboard = Nf4 ultra-D

- Memory

- Power supply + details on the sticker

400W

+12v = 13a

+5v = 32a

+3.3v = 28a

- Video card

Ok, thx! I'll try to do it today at home and report back.

Here my details:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice Socket 939

Kingston ValueRam 3200 DDR400 2*512mb

Asus Extreme N6600GT 128mb PCI-E

Hyper HPU-4S525 525W; 24 pin;

+5V - 2.0A - 34A

+12V 1 - 0.2A - 20A

+12V 2 - 0A - 17A

-12V - 0A - 0.8A

+5VSB - 0 - 2.5A

+3.3V - 0.5 - 34A

Hello,

Make sure that all 4 power connectors are plugged into the board too.

- Floppy one under the cpu socket

- Hard drive one on top the chipset fan

- 24pin ATX connector

- 4pin +12v P4 connector

:)

Hi!

I removed and checked the board and the module - visually it looks fine, w/o any damages or diformation. Then i dicconnect CD audio cable. All 4 power connectors are plugged into the board - same terrible sound all the way.

But i have noticed, that short Windows sounds(*.Wav) playing clear, however all others including long windows sounds(like exit, greeting) playing with noise and scraping, as usual. What it could be?

What you think, in case if i decide to buy another soundcard and avoid RMA, is it possible to face with another, more serious problems with mobo later? currently i haven't any other problems, only with sound. I mean, how i can be sure that defect exactly in audio module?

Guys!

Sorry for wasting your time, seems that i have only two alternatives -RMA or life w/o sound ;)

Hello,

So it only happens when the hard drive is loading?

Are you drives running in DMA mode?

Check in device manager.

Also in the control panel.

Sound and Audio devices,

Speaker settings section >Advanced

Make sure these 2 are on full/best

attachment.php?attachmentid=2188&stc=1