NF4 Ultra-D> booting up turtle slow

Ok first off want to say tyvm to Angry and the few others that were very helpful. I got up and running first try YEAH :) So far no hitches ACEPT......

When i boot up everytime it sits at the windows bootup screen for 30 cycles "the blue bar at bottom of screen" so like half a min or so. My sig has my current setup. one thing i added that didnt seam to do anything for this issue is i did enable the SATA2 3gb option off the utility disk from Hitachi, and it still took as long :(.

Im not trying to be impatient, but im sure windows has to boot up quicker then that. PLEASE somebody help me.

Other FYI to is i havent done nothing in bios yet accept for load the optimal settings like suggested after i flashed the bios and i upped my voltage to 2.8.

So any suggestion to help my windows to load at the speed that it should would be GREATLY appreciated. IM sure i just got something set wrong /shrug

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Ex im using a hitachi sata 2 drive so no western digital stuff to worry about there.

Miller i have the NEC burner on ide-1 and no jumper on it "running single mode" and only thing on the cable. My setup is in my sig My sata 2 drive is on the sata-1 slot out of the 4 i hve avaible.

Also im not sure if this has anything to do with anything "it shouldnt" i have my HD partioned 10/10/30/28 with the OS being on the main C drive.

forgot to add yes im running duel channel on the yellow slots, which is what was recommended by Angry with the bios in my sig.

Also wanted to add, i didnt install any of the nforce drivers from the lanparty cd or the ntune drivers , "was going by eds guide , that said thye were bad /shrug" Thats about the best picture i can paint for you guys, hope somebody can make since out of that.

i think the only thing i installed of the lanparty disk was the marvell driver for the network, direct X 9.c and the antek audio drivers.

thats the same thing that i said to myself after 2 fresh installs of XP... if the problem consists, do as i say and it will mostlikely solve your problem... i do too have a Hitachi harddrive, so its quite common as far as we go.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/InK...eato/errror.jpg

Check in Your Device manager for Yellow checkmarks.

If you have some you probably missed a driver somewhere.

I also read the guide and your remark in the post above about what you installed off the mobo Disk.

qoute : i think the only thing i installed of the lanparty disk was the marvell driver for the network, direct X 9.c and the antek audio drivers.

From the Guide : http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...04&postcount=49

“28. Install MB drivers from DFI supplied CD (Note: some drivers cause problems for some users; do not install Nvidia IDE drivers or Nvidia Firewall / Nforce Network Access Manager programs; do not install Ntune from the DFI disc).”

I used the nVida Nforce System Drivers in the chipset tab off the supplied disk. You did also, correct ?

no i didnt ocean, i thought that was one i was supposed to stay away from on the Ed's step by step tutorial? if i wont hurt anything then i will go install those and try that.

also am i correct in haveing the jumper completely off on the cdrom running it in single mode? in the bios its dected as a slave drive. or should i do cable selecet or should i just do master?