NF4 Ultra-D> booting up turtle slow

I'm having the same issue. I don't want to have to reinstall to fix the issue. How could slipstreaming the driver into the disk make a difference ? it works out to being the same once you've installed them after installing windows, doesn't it?

I use my PC for work and I can't afford the downtime to reinstall and relaod all the software. I've just resolved to leaving my pc running 24/7 as a work around, just annoys me everytime I have to rebbot because of a update or something.

Anyone know of a way to fix this without having to reinstall?

I did not install the nvida SW drivers when installing the MB drivers , should I have? I know they used to cause issues with CD-RW, DVD-RW's, is that still the case ?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are still reports of forum members having trouble with the nVidia IDE drivers.

The good thing is that once you install the MS drivers, you can update to the nVidia drivers and if they give you any trouble you can use the driver rollback function to get back too the MS drivers.

One thing that you can to to speed up boot times is disable unused ide ports so that windows doesn't try to detect them at bootup.

Go to device manager:

attachment.php?attachmentid=2141&stc=1

Then Change the ones that are unused(ones that are able to change) to none.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2142&stc=1

devicemanager.jpg

Should i have this many listed of the primary and secondary IDE? keep in mind i only have 3 devices, 1 ide dvd/rw and 1 fdd and 1 sata 2 hdd

And when under the advance tab theres device 0 and device 1 do i only want to set device 1 to "none" or both device 0 and device 1 to "none" Your picture only shows device 1 highlited, so i want to just clarify

Looks like you need to reload the nvida drivers. There should be no yellow items when the drivers are loaded properly.

Should i have this many listed? keep in mind i only have 3 devices, 1 ide dvd/rw and 1 fdd and 1 sata 2 hdd

And when under the advance tab theres device 0 and device 1 do i only want to set device 1 to "none" or both device 0 and device 1 to "none" Your picture only shows device 1 highlited, so i want to just clarify

YEAH kk installed the nforce4 system drivers on the chipset tab of the driver cd. Did all but the audio and guess what , i came in on only about 7 cycles and no yellow question marks anymore WOOT!!

TYVM to all of you , and sorry for being such a nOob :(

size.jpg