NF4 Ultra-D> booting up turtle slow

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I have the same problem and just cant seem to find out why Windows takes so long to load. I have build 15+ systems and have done 1000+ of Windows installs in my time.

Now on x64 to see if that helps and nothing, tried all kind of driver installation combinations and nothing.

But the fact that it takes the same amount of time to load using a fresh install of windows leads me to belive its definitly not a driver/windows based problem.

sorry for the pic size "actually didnt even realize it was that big :( ", didnt see that rule, and YES i did read the rules obvousliy since i have my sig correctly done and my location added, just must of missed that rule, ive been really busy with going to school for networking and trying to get this computer done and full time work, nagging wife ya know the usual stuff :P So wasnt done intentionaly, for sure of that!

Anywhoo problem was resolved by installing the nforce4 drivers, installed all but the nvidia sound and nvidia firewall program. Everything seam to be working fine and am booting up in 6-8 cycles of the blue bar instead of the 30-35 i was currently doing. Ty all who helped with this issue and sorry for being such a NoOb. Im just being very cautious my first time with this board "probably to cautious"

Anda again sorry Angry i meant no harm, wasnt trying to slip a fast one in there or anything like that, and it wont happen again it was truly a overlooked honest mistake!

Yeah the thing is i DID read it, im just showing my noObness out though. I wasnt comprehending it i guess, i was stuck on that #28 step of Ed;s write up , which made it sound like installing any of the nvidia drivers from the lanparty cd was a bad idea. But i took a step back last night, took a deep breath, and took what some of the above posters told me to do and went back reread a few things and i seen where i was misunderstanding what was being said in Eds post and what your stciky was actually meaning.

I just need to relax abit, i have been so hyped up about messing this board up that it has made me over cautious to the point im making things worse then what they would be. This board really isnt as bad and tough as what some people on other forums make it out to be. And with awesome tech help from people like you "Angry" and Rgone and the other knowlegeble people here it helps soo much!!

I do have one last question for you Angry, i seam to be running a ok know, and that is off the drivers just from the cd, so my question is, should i DL the ones from your link"which im assuming will update the ones im currently running" in the Sticky you pointed me to and run those, or should i use the "if it aint broke dont mess with it"??