Do you need to up the Voltage.....?

I got everything all put toghter and PS just arrived so will be ready to power on soon. My main question is i read something about upping the votage first thing. I have the OCZ gold edition 1gb (2x512) dual channel kit. AMD 64 3000+ venice. If i need to up the voltage first before throwing on anything what do i up it to and what esact setting is it in the bios that needs to be changed.

I have read over the stickys and eds guide, so for the most part i feel pretty confident. one thing im still abit unsure about is do flash bio first then install windows then the drivers for everything or do i install windows first then flash? And with my system what is the best stable bio i need to grab and dl onto a floppy?

If i can get a few specifi answeres to those above questions i should be ok /prays

Ty but as i already posted i have looked that over "read every single post" have read stickys too.

I just need those basic questions from above post answered specificaly as im still abit unsure about the correct answer for those even after i read all the othe stuff.

Ty but as i already posted i have looked that over "read every single post" have read stickys too.

I just need those basic questions from above post answered specificaly as im still abit unsure about the correct answer for those even after i read all the othe stuff.

If you have read every single post, you should have seen the step by step process of how to build a PC and you would have had your questions answered.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...build+procedure

Hello,

2.8v

- And before you flash/install windows, run memtest for 3-4 hours/8 hours.

- Then flash the BIOS to 623-3

- Then clear the CMOS for 10minutes using the CMOS jumper.

- Then make sure you put the CMOS jumper back to the save position

- When you power the PC again change all the settings again, 2.8v mem voltage.

Then install windows, maybe run memtest for 30mins again.

In the BIOS to change the memory voltage setting you go to,

GENIE settings.

Then look for

DRAM voltage control

:)

with pc 3200 gold from OCZ I have been told to use -2 bios..they recommend 510 fix-2, 623-2

I would suggest 2.8v for stock setting ..you may need even 2.9v at stock speeds

I have this ram and it needs 2.9v at 2-2-2-5@200, 623-2, OCZ recommends the yellow slots for the higher voltage needs of this ram

this ram need alot of juice to overclock..I could not get 229 mhz at any setting on my system to run without errors..even switching to 4v setting and running 3.4v

when i setup my system I flashed to 623-2 after the first boot....I never ran memtest 86 first but this is probably a good idea

Whoa trigger..

Why does everyone recommend upping the voltage? Maybe he's not OC'ing. 2.6 might be fine for him.

It works fine for me, and upping the voltage didn't add any stability or allow me to use tighter memory timings (however, I believe it's a given that to overclock at all, you'll definitely be upping the voltages first thing. But since this isn't in the OC forum I'm guessing you're not.)

If you have read every single post, you should have seen the step by step process of how to build a PC and you would have had your questions answered.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...build+procedure

These types of posts are starting to annoy me.

Yes, he said he read every single post including stickys, but come on. Print out this entire forum, it would probably be several thousand pages. It's unrealistic.

As of late, there seems to be the snappy attitude from many that "your answer is here, you should have found it already because it's already been posted" rather than just pointing them to it.

I've been here for months and read until my eyes bled, and people are *still* pointing me to things I didn't know about. Given the repeated threads on the same topic with different information in each, it's pretty hard unless you've already been here for months to know where everything is.

Give people a break! Let's be helpful and make this a community that people want to come to. It would suck if people got such a negative impression here that they just said screw it, returned the board and bought an ASUS.

5/10-2 or later for full Venice/San Diego/X2 support and best performance/stability with BH-5 based memory.

I use BigToe's 7/04-2 bios on my NF4 rigs and yellow slots for my memory (regardless of what type of memory, always -2 bios and yellow slots)

always flash before you load Windows

plenty of how-to's on flashing a bios if you search

TYVM To Angry Games and Minsc and the other HELPFUL people. ANd to Boppo im not gona say much since Mincs beat me to it :P Accept that he is correct, YES i did read evey post of the 8 pages and have read all the stickys plus a bunch of other posts, but this is only my SECOND build and im sorta nervous and just being VERY caustious with this board. Im not affriad of challanges but i do want things to go as smooth as possible for as much of the process.

Ok Angry if possible could u give me a Link to that bios you suggested please. and got to go change my memory around to the yellow slots "had them in the Orange, ooops :( "

Oh and no im not OC ATM, BUT will be later. so atm i just want the stable volts for running out of the box, if 2.8 or 2.9 is what is needed ill do that, but just need to know for sure.

I just want to get this board up and running smooth before i go messing around with OC, so i just need info to do that for know.