USB Keyboard not working during POST

Hello,

I just recently moved transfered my components to a new case and after having connected everything, all seemed fine. However now I cannot go into the BIOS screen because during startup the keyboard and mouse are not being powered somehow during POST. Once i go into windows the mouse and keyboard work fine in USB.

The only way I can access the BIOS is by inserting the PS/2 adapter. The only thing I did different during the transfer to the new case was attaching the firewire remote extension and moving my audigy zs from the pci 2 slot to pci 1.

As you can see it's not really a critical issue but I want to resolve it nonetheless. I also double checked to make sure the 5v power cable was attached so that's not the problem either.

Thank you

Yes, sorry I should have mentioned that. That is one of the first things I did. I even flashed to the official bios and nothing. My keyboard wont power during post and therefore I cant get in the bios.

Anyone else?

As always thanks for replies.

cecco,

Just an idea:

Try to enable 'Reset Configuration Data' (should be under Pnp/PCI Configurations in the BIOS). Save and exit the BIOS. Disable again after the whole process.

This will update your configuration if you bootup at least to a DOS prompt (or to Windows) and restart.

Maybe your USB keyboard will be recognized then.

Hope it helps

Connector

that is infact a common issue. and SHOULD be fixed by enabling USB mouse + keyboard in bios... other than that, set it all up, and dont bother with the bios anymore. When u need the bios, use ur other adapter / keyboard what ever.

haha, im sorry you have bad luck with this :(

Tom

That is interesting ixtapalapaquetl, since I am currently using my logitech keyboard without the drivers. However it was working prior to me changing it to a new case and I also fail to see how a driver would make the keyboard work outside the OS environment. Something else to try though. Thanks for pitching in.