Shes smokin!! (In a good way)

Well its up and running great! After about a dozen builds all Abit I tried DFI. Now Im glad I did Im real impressed havent even got it all tweaked and for fun I ran the time demo in DOOM at 1600x1200 Ultra quality 4xAA and pulled 54fps. But these boards seem to have a rep for being hard to build and I was kind of nervous about using it but sheeze do your research and and the pieces just go together. All the guides and tips here really helped to avoid all the little pitfalls. The only prob I had was a brand new Enermax 600 watt PSU croaked after my first boot. But a post here some quick replies I was able to verify the PSU was bad and luckily was able to grab another and finished it tonight. Thanks to you guys that run this forum its a real good resource for anyone building a DFI system experienced or not.

Glad to hear also!!!

Of all the DFI builds i have done in the last month (10) this was the easiest of them all, I have not ran into one problem. This board (System 2) is awesome. Now if i could only fine a guide to the defintions of the bios, not the memory bios part that was easy :)

Wol-Shiver ,

He was just following up. He had posted earler with an issue. His issue got resolved. It is just nice to hear back that all is well. And who knows he might just come hear from time to time and help others as well.

Actually I only posted that, first since like Stephen said I did have to smoke out a prob hehe. But also these forums get filled with only people having problems and it gives the impression things are worse than they are. Plus aint nothing wrong with an old rooster crowing once in a while......at least last I checked...hell I didnt check, I crow when I dang well please LOL!!!

lol, crow baby, crow, you got the board up and running.

i was very well prepared for my nforce 4 dfi build. i had every possible idea of what could go wrong.

damn thing refused to post.... no lights. i immediately punched and cracked a wall. then i remembered words from a wise man.

actually, it was the back of the box - supports up to 3700+.

flashed bios first and everything was ok :)

LMAO thats exactly what happened to me last night at 11:00 one post then good night Irene. Fine time to leave me Lucille dam PSU drops dead and Im left wondering is it the board or th PSU. I learned early on years ago DO NOT PUNCH WALLS LOL they can and will break your hand you just got lucky and missed the stud.

LMAO thats exactly what happened to me last night at 11:00 one post then good night Irene. Fine time to leave me Lucille dam PSU drops dead and Im left wondering is it the board or th PSU. I learned early on years ago DO NOT PUNCH WALLS LOL they can and will break your hand you just got lucky and missed the stud.

Aug 1984, 2 weeks off work, HIT STUD, very little gyprock repair.

We have somethings in common, my OCZ PSU died after 2 days.

• 1 year later...

I too was put off by the rumours of DFI boards, but I found it fine. They are great boards, AND they are UV reactive, which i found very fun, especialy with a Hiper PSU, check it out;

Thats in pitch black as well woo, the reason the cover is off is because the perspex in the side panel is blue tinted, and it dulls it completly, i need to change that. oh yes and i forgot to mention i painted all the inside of the case UV Blue :eek2: then u need a few UV 14 inchers and a white 14 and woo!