Problems with my new PC

Hey guys, I'm new here.

I just finished building my first PC, and I'm having some problems with it. My mobo is a DFI Ultra-D NF4 (non-sli) board, my video card is a eVGA 7800GTX, and my memory is OCZ Platinum Edition 2 Gigs.

Everything was working fine until today, when I keep getting BSOD's at random times. Some include:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

MEMORY_MANAGMENT

I goggled each of them, and it appears to be a memory problem. I think my memory is good, because I ran Memtest for about 30 minutes and it found no errors. Is there a BIOS setting that will help stop this BSODS?

Also, sometimes the entire PC will freeze. Can't move my mouse, can't use the keyboard, it just won't do anything. This happens even when I'm on the desktop with just firefox open, so I don't think it's anything to do with me pushing my hardware too far.

EDIT: ^This happened right after I posted this. Really starting to anger me.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gandalf

Welcome! Please create a sig and read the stickies. Dfi is cracking down on those who post without sigs.

Guest gandalf

you should run memtest for 8 hours. If it gives errors, then run each stick sperately for 8 hours, after that, then post back here. You need to prime it for about 12+ hours too. We cannot really assist you until you create a sig.

Sig made.

Just ran 3dMark05, ran fine. I got 7660 points, is that good for my PC?

I'll run memtest and prime tonight. Any other advice until then? I really don't think my memory is bad, just some setting is messed up.

Just finished changing my BIOS to what was recommended in that guide, and I am still getting

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bsod.

EDIT: It seems like I am actually getting it even more often now. 3 times in the past 10 minutes.