Why can't I OC higher?

Great news. Before trying what Dangermouse had suggested, I decided to bump the RAM down one more notch, it's running at 5:6 right now, and the computer is now PRIME STABLE at 275x10 @ 1.6V!! Thanks for all the help.

Guest Dangermouse

Congrats!

As for the little ramsinks, I've got those exact same ones all over my motherboard. 4 or 5 of them alone in the PWM area. I noticed a few degree difference just from adding them, as that stuff gets pretty hot.

Congrats!

As for the little ramsinks, I've got those exact same ones all over my motherboard. 4 or 5 of them alone in the PWM area. I noticed a few degree difference just from adding them, as that stuff gets pretty hot.

Where exactly is the PWM area?

What LDT are you running 003? I can't get to 2.5GHz Prime stable - I too am beginning to think my CPU is a bad overclocker. 2.4GHz Prime stable so far.

I've never tried 3x LDT over 4x when at 250fsb - would it make a difference to my overclock anybody? I heard that as long as you don't go over 1000HTT, then everything should be fine. Is that still the case when overclocking?

BTW, I always switch to 9:10 RAM divider when going up to 250fsb.