my first lan-party

Wetchaser

Hmm... If you only play one game, then I can see where you would get bored.

...then again, I can remember when we played BF1942 and Desert Combat at our 30-ish person LAN for over a year straight.

I'm probably going to catch some flack for this, but in my opinion, the small LANs shouldn't have sponsorship.... *ducks head out of the flying keyboard's way*

Allow me to explain. Take your experience (Wetchaser) for example. Your first time at a LAN they were handing out door prizes, and you got some crap-butt gift that left somewhat of a sour taste in your mouth. If the LAN was all about the games, and forming bonds with fellow gamers, I guarantee you would have had a MUCH better time. (Also, try and have your son knife someone in Counter-Strike... the crowd LOVES it when a little kid knives someone at our LAN)

My advice would be to find a group that gets together without sponsorship, and fully absorb why LAN parties exist. Not for the door prizes, the booth babes, or any of that other stuff. It's for the games. Period. Everything else is wallpaper.

MY GOD WETCHASER! WE HAVE ALLMOST THE SAME DAMN ACCESSORIES!!!LOL!!!!!

i have an mx1000, the same case, the same head phones, the same keyboard, but the eclipse! that is scary.

man, id just like to let you in on something. get the zalman RSA amp for the head phones.

the optimal config is, the headphones plugged into the amp, then the amp 2 a 2 stero to one stereo adapter, for each conenction, then the other ones from your speakers, plugging into the second stero, which then goes into the karajan/your sound card.

the amp really fixs the back of the zalmans sounding low, compared to the way it sounds. i swear, my performance in games where sound is key, such as bf2 when camping a flag and hiding somewhere, or in CS and CSS and doom3!

they are 50-60 bucks us, and they rock. you can even plug in some extra head phones. pick up that amplifier!