Mushkin Redline 4000XP will not do DDR500 as claimed, help?!?!?!

GAR

It doesnt sutter near as much, with details on medium. It loads much faster with 2gigs though too. F.E.A.R. is also makes use of 2gigs.

I would REALLY like to use 2gigs of Redline, but if its going to be problematic, Ill sell them.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently had some weird thing with my mushkin redline xp4000

its been stable running at 1.5-2-2 at 250fsb with 3.2volts.

today i run prime and it fails on both cores in seconds. x2 4400+ @ 2500

so i restart the machine it wont even boot

it just keeps restarting so i lower the fsb to 240 and boot into mem test and getting errors.

so i set everyting to auto on the ram and reboot and run mem test for about 6hours no problem. get back from work set the settings i used to have and its not giving any errors in memtest at all back at 3.2volt i have no idea

yes they have a 120mm fan blowing on them but at 3.2volts they are never hot what i dont get ive been running them at that speed for a few days now they passed prime/memtest. but now they just fail memtest at the same speed. i had to drop my muiltpler down to 9x 250 now and testing them in memtest at the above speeds. i wonder if its my cpu..

ok i have no idea whats going on with mine now i had to lower my divider down to 8x to even get my ram to pass memetest with no errors @250 3.2 volts with the same timgings this guy is running. http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=3893583&postcount=5

i was using that for a few days no problems...arghhhhhh

They're rated at 3.3 - 3.5 v, try meeting the specs first.

Edit: And every dimm will be different, so don't *expect* to meet the same timings as someone else, just expect to meet the manufacturers ratings. If you cant meet these, its RMA time

right i know what your saying i just dont see how i had them at 3.2volts for a while and now they cant even pass memtest at 3.2volts. i set the muiltipler to 11 and fsb to 200 and it just keeps rebooting. they are in the organge slots.

Yes i had them in the yellows before and moved them back to the orange where they have been running. When i was testing i never even noticed a difference when running them in either the yellow banks or organe ones at 3.2-3.5 volts.

Yes i had them in the yellows before and moved them back to the orange where they have been running. When i was testing i never even noticed a difference when running them in either the yellow banks or organe ones at 3.2-3.5 volts.

You're sure you have the +4V jumper on so you can reach 3.3V? Make sure you follow the manufacturers directions...

pape_big.jpg

This article also has some good information. http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Mushkin/XP4000

hey its your bios....when i used the 702 bios i couldnt overclock for ......use the 623-2 bios....best one