Mushkin Redline 4000XP will not do DDR500 as claimed, help?!?!?!

GAR

yeah these chips rock, but they dont overclock so well.....maybe i have to mess with it a little more, seems like there is nothing else to try.....tried voltage really high still fails.....donno

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definately get a high end psu with the hardware you already got. A pc power and cooling 510 sli, ocz powerstream 600, enermax noisetaker 600, or along those lines. You can see which one I went for. Although this rig will likely never run sli. For my next rig, I have been looking at the 850watt pc power and cooling.

OP, I have this mem.

I found a website too, the settings they listed did not work. Set all of your DRAM timings to autp, except the typical (CAS, RAS... such that it reads 2-2-2-6-1T).

MAKE SURE YOUR CPU MULTIPLIER, DRAM, AND HYPERTRANSPORT MULTIPLIER ARE RIGHT!

My FSB: 278MHz

DRAM multiplier: 9/10x

CPU multiplier: 8x (2.2GHz)

HT multiplier: 3x (I don't have a CPU that supports 1GHz HT)

If any of these are overclocked, you'll have no idea what the problem is... it could be mem, cpu, ht, who knows?

Do you have active cooling? This mem requires active cooling

Are you using the yellow slots?

Try 510-2fix bios, this is what Mushkin used when binning the memory.

And yes, to run at those speeds at those timings, 3.3V is required.

tahnx for the replys, i went out and baught a ENERMAX NOISETAKER 600, and Prime95 ran more than 20 mins, so im guessing it was my PSU...but my temps now read....these are at full load both cores, with prime 95 running for 10 mins....

cpu = 63

pwmic = 73

chipset = 62

are these temps too high or are they good for overclocking, also for the ram i have active cooling, i have a 80mm fan on the side of my case blowing straight to my ram.....