XXI Winter Olympics Discussion

ClayMeow

The Opening Ceremony occurs in roughly 40 minutes.

I personally love the Olympics, both Summer and Winter...but then again, I love sports in general.

Unfortunately, we've already had the first tragedy before the games even had a chance to begin :(

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will have to download the ceremony. Quick question though, what games are tomorrow?

My Brother is getting married and I will be out all day! I was hoping not to miss the snowboarding.

I just turned on the opening ceremonies, and that projector on the stadium floor is freaking awesome, I wonder how they did it.
Multiple projectors....I forget how many.

I will have to download the ceremony. Quick question though, what games are tomorrow?

My Brother is getting married and I will be out all day! I was hoping not to miss the snowboarding.

Snowboarding doesn't begin until Monday.

Here's an easy-to-read schedule: http://www.nbcolympics.com/event-results-s...ules/index.html

Well that was a little embarrassing at the end. Whoever put together that fourth cauldron rod is getting fired. lol

Anywho, overall I thought the ceremony was good. It wasn't as good as Beijing, but I don't think anybody expected it be. Hell, it cost 1/10th the amount.

Aside from the mishap at the end, the only negative I noticed was with the section where the floor became water with glaciers floating away and people acting like they were trying to stay afloat...at one point, at least on the US NBC coverage, you could see 3 people run right across the water, apparently not paying attention to the floor. heh.

Well that was a little embarrassing at the end. Whoever put together that fourth cauldron rod is getting fired. lol

Eh you cant really blame them, in the end it was lit.

They likely triple check the systems used to hoist all that stuff into position, with all the testing in the world your still gunna have issues...

I liked the idea of having 4 people share the honor of lighting the torch, this is something that might be mirrored in future games.

Eh you cant really blame them, in the end it was lit.

They likely triple check the systems used to hoist all that stuff into position, with all the testing in the world your still gunna have issues...

I liked the idea of having 4 people share the honor of lighting the torch, this is something that might be mirrored in future games.

Except that was the problem....only 3 of them got to light it. I wonder how the 4th one felt.

Apparently Japan was quite unhappy with one of their contestants.

He wore his Olympic pants baggy, kept his shirt untucked and was quoted saying "the Olympics are "just another snowboarding event" and that they are "nothing special".

LINK