Ati Video Card Bios Flashing Guide

ir_cow

so i ended up selling my 4870 for a V3750 (well worth the money but still not cheap enough) and i thought just like all other ati cards these can be flashed also. i got to thinking from long ago when you could flash 1950xt to v7350s (or softmod) now i'm thinking i might try it again with the new Firepros.

i ordered a 4670 from newegg and monday i'll see if i can flash it. if not no worries i'll just sell it on ebay. if i can i'll be making a guide here shortly for all FireGls and FirePros.

]In the end it didn't work, the HD4xxx will show no improvement after being flashed to the counterpart card using the bios. (maybe softmodding doesn't even work anymore). what i do know is if you have a HD3xxx and the counterpart card is should work

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so i ended up selling my 4870 for a V3750 (well worth the money but still not cheap enough) and i thought just like all other ati cards these can be flashed also. i got to thinking from long ago when you could flash 1950xt to v7350s (or softmod) now i'm thinking i might try it again with the new Firepros.

i ordered a 4670 from newegg and monday i'll see if i can flash it. if not no worries i'll just sell it on ebay. if i can i'll be making a guide here shortly for all FireGls and FirePros.

.... a 4870 to THAT?

to us graphic artist these firepros are to die for. but i'm hoping to later flash a 4870 to a firepro...mmHHMMMMmmm.

anyways this cuts the cost in half. because each 8750 cost $1300 get to 4870s and flash them for a total of $400 or less. the v3750 not so much it cost $170 and the 4670 cost $70.

to us graphic artist these firepros are to die for. but i'm hoping to later flash a 4870 to a firepro...mmHHMMMMmmm.

anyways this cuts the cost in half. because each 8750 cost $1300 get to 4870s and flash them for a total of $400 or less. the v3750 not so much it cost $170 and the 4670 cost $70.

oh, you're doing that kind of work. Awesome then, I thought you meant for games :P

just an update: it seems now i can't get winflash to work and ATiflash doesn't like vista so i have to install windows 32 on another hard drive when i get around to it. winflash was just working a month ago now it can't find any video cards.....blah

just an update: it seems now i can't get winflash to work and ATiflash doesn't like vista so i have to install windows 32 on another hard drive when i get around to it. winflash was just working a month ago now it can't find any video cards.....blah

they don't have a dos based flash utility? installing an OS just for a bios flash seems a little unnecessary :D

booting from cd? yeah that works but than i can't run any programs and also how am i suppose to get dos on it?. really its 10x easier to install windows than to try to make a bootable flash drive (i spent hours and it just doesnt work). stupid windows vista..makes me want to switch back to win64 again.