Got A Quest I Wanna Ask Without Causing Waves

Flagg7771234

Our team displays 651 members but the 590+ members are all zero-ed out. Not even active.

Why are they on the list, can we trim the list down to thoes who have been active once or are active now? Many of thoes members are not folding on 1 pc.

I'm not asking to cut thoes who are folding on 1 pc doing what they can do, thoes peeps show as active and turning in points atleast every three days or so.

All I'm saying is our team looks large but out point production is 59 per user (average) per day.

How about weeding out all thoes who are ovbiosly not folding.

Or is there another side to this I'm not seeing?

I think it's time for a little contest.

I'm putting up the goods for the prize

DFI AD73 pro board OEM

AMD Athlon XP 2000+ OEM

Cooler Master HSF OEM

512mb (2 x 256mb) PC 2100 OEM

now we need to come up with some kind of goal and the rules that should be followed while going towards that goal. anyone got any ideas?

DFI AD73 pro board OEM

AMD Athlon XP 2000+ OEM

Cooler Master HSF OEM

now we need to come up with some kind of goal and the rules that should be followed while going towards that goal. anyone got any ideas?

I suggest that you have to ante up to be in the contest. You need to have completed a given number of WUs each week to 'buy' into the contest the following week - this would discourage those who fold one WU in order to qualify and quit.

DFI AD73 pro board OEM

AMD Athlon XP 2000+ OEM

Cooler Master HSF OEM

now we need to come up with some kind of goal and the rules that should be followed while going towards that goal.  anyone got any ideas?

I suggest that you have to ante up to be in the contest. You need to have completed a given number of WUs each week to 'buy' into the contest the following week - this would discourage those who fold one WU in order to qualify and quit.

What about that folder who has been folding ever since OCC started the program who has a P3 1Ghz and is fekking around with a 1000 step tinker? If he spends all his time on that 1 tinker and yet BobbyOCer over here has 25+ P4 and AMD 64/XP and hes getting 31 point Gromacs all week long... Dont seem fair to me...

Lord knows its happened to me... Right now, i got a 7596 Gromac and a 748 Gromac each taking over 44 minutes a step on my 3.0Ghz P4 @ 3.45Ghz... Its sucking big time for me

newport, that's a very valid point. and to tell you the truth THAT is the folder I'm most interested in seeing WIN.

I'm thinking based on a % of your stats.

for example a folder who is pushing out 1000 pts a day needs to go to 1100 pts a day to be eligible, while a folder who pushes out 100 pts a day only needs to go upto 110 to be eligible.

this rig should be going towards my stats, however I'm out of room :) that an I just had to buy 3 more KVM's today to help handle the ones at home and make keeping an eye on them a little easier. so the next best thing is get it in the hands of someone who needs it and can give it a good home... someone with a PIII folding for example.

The only problim with that one bigred so people who arent foldign yet, so that they can't have a percent change... And its really those people we need, every one of those little systems really contribute. So why not have a "registration period" where we track the last week of production or something ( i think total production is nice, because my PPD can vary anywhere between 60 and 120... ) or for new folders we use their first week. and then see how far they gat from there?