1080ti fe fail

dling

So I added the evga hydro cooler to my 1080 TI FE card. Temps are so low but after a few minutes of gaming I get artifacting and the computer freezes. Have any of you added the same cooler ? Not sure what could be the problem. Any ideas?

hmmm. I was going to say Its possible you installed the cooler wrong. The pump power connector can easily be missed or one of the retention GPU screws aren't properly tighten down. But with low temps, that's unlikely. I would set your GPU back to stock if it isn't already. Lower temps means it can Boost higher so the same +200 is actually a higher overclock than when the GPU was at 85c.

Do you get the artifacting, computer freeze at stock speeds. 

Try slightly loosening the screws from the cooler,.. if they are over tightened you will have issues.

Might need to reinstall stock cooler, see if card works as before installing hybrid kit.

Im wondering if it could be the due to low fan speeds on the stock fan. That fan would have kept the memory cool as well as the gpu.

Now the gpu is running at 35-40 deg max temps the fan is not spinning as fast. Maybe the mem is over heating. The card ran at 83-86 deg before the new cooler at stock

speeds so the fan would max out. Now its running very slowly..

Theres no overclocking,all stock. I would hate to undue all ive done and remove the evga cooler.It's an awesome cooler for this card at reducing the gpu temps.

I will look into the cooler screws to see about loosening them.

Thanks.

Do you get the artifacting, computer freeze at stock speeds. 

Try slightly loosening the screws from the cooler,.. if they are over tightened you will have issues.

Might need to reinstall stock cooler, see if card works as before installing hybrid kit.

I cant seem to get the fan to run at a higher speed due the low temps.I'm trying to get it too 100% and game to see it thats the problem.

I'm using MSI AB and Asus GPU tweak 2. Not sure if either will allow the fan to just be set by the run speeds only not using temp to control the speed.