After turned kitchen - fuse tripped - power outage - question pc.

Hello. I am just asking.

Maybe this is coincidence and i am worrying about nothing. So listen...

2 days ago after turning on kitchen, fuse was tripped and i get power outage. When power back after this i booted pc fine but i saw that Windows 10 desktop refresh changed itself from 144hz to lower value ( i dont remember to which ) . To restore again 144hz , i turned off monitor ,turned again on. And its fine.

Why that happened? I tried to reproduce this issue, by turning off computer and booting again but it never repeat.

And my question is . That was coincidence that after power outage my Windows 10 monitor refresh was changed or not? Thank you.

My pc: 6700K stock

16GB DDR4

Asus Z170-P

Corsair 750 RM

Gtx 1080 Ti Founder Edition

Monitor Red Eagle IIyama 1080 144hz plugged by display port cable to GFX.

I tested games etc etc and no crashes or artifacts.

Edited by litwicki22

• 2 weeks later...

*Monitor Red Eagle IIyama 24' 1080p 144hz plugged by display port cable to GFX.

Few days ago i get power outage. Power outage was because fuse was tripped because of kitchen which was turned on in other room.

When i run pc first time on first boot ( after power outage ) refresh was normal at start 144hz.
When i manually turn off computer and turn on again,and on my second boot it happened. Refresh was lower than 144hz. To make again 144hz i turned off monitor and turn back on again. 

So that was bug or that power outage related? 

But i like i said on my first pc run ( boot ) after power outage refresh was 144hz fine. It happened just after i normally shutdown my pc and booted pc second time. 

Maybe coincidence and i am worrying for nothing,hehe ?

So conclusion: It happened not just after ( not on pc first power on ) power outage. 
But on second time ( second turn ) when i boot to Windows 10.

PS: I tried to reproduce only 3 times by cutting power to pc and powering on and booting again, but 144hz on start. Not able to reproduce.

Maybe coincidence and i am worrying for nothing?

So what to do now? Unclean power, what you mean? But to make again 144hz i turned off monitor and turn back on again. 

Also i tried to reproduce issue,but it not happened again. I mean i cut power 3 times to pc and always 144hz in boot. Even after next booting.

Unclean power what you mean , can you explain?

Edited by litwicki22

Dirty electricity can interfere with the proper functioning of appliances and electronic equipment, a phenomenon known as electromagnetic interference or power line EMI. ... This can be problematic for electrical devices that are not well equipped to deal with this dirty electricity.

Low power factor is a low ratio of real power to apparent power. Low power factor is caused by inductive loads connected to a system. Normal mode noise (spike or surge) is a low level signal added to the original power signal. Normal mode noise can be caused by computers and switching power supplies

I think if i have unclean power in house i will get random shutdowns etc , but i didnt. It happens once ,short after power outage. Windows 10 booted with lower refresh than 144hz. But i only turn off monitor and turn on again and 144hz appear. If i have dirty power why restarting monitor helped then? 

Edited by litwicki22

Really appreciate it for help. Also. I just ask to be sure if my pc is fine. So thats why i create topic. Like i said. It happen not immidiately after power outage. But on my second turning pc, when windows 10 booted , refresh was lower. Then i turn off monitor and turn on again , and 144 appear again. Also i cant reproduce it.