discontent with ISP.

Boinker

since my old roommates had the internet in their name my good old motorola modem won't work they haven't payed their bill. I am stuck with the craptastic cisco hunk of junk that has made me go from a 180ish Mb dl speed to a 140ish speed. I am still using my 3 year old netgear nighthawk with both ac and n channels active for my various devices.

since my old roommates had the internet in their name my good old motorola modem won't work they haven't payed their bill. I am stuck with the craptastic cisco hunk of junk that has made me go from a 180ish Mb dl speed to a 140ish speed. I am still using my 3 year old netgear nighthawk with both ac and n channels active for my various devices.

How do you even have a signal, if you don't pay your bill around here it don't matter what modem you use ?

Is this one on the list?

http://www.amazon.com/Zoom-DOCSIS-Cable-Modem-5341J/dp/B0063K4NN6

I believe wevsspot has this one and is on Cox cable.

You are correct Doc.  That is the same Modem that I'm still using and I'm still on COX.  I didn't have any issues getting mine activated with them - but I'm guessing YMMV depending on the region and at what level your "negotiating" with.  Not a lick of trouble out of that modem since the day I installed it and you certainly can't beat the price.....  especially now  :)

• 3 weeks later...

22 days later I forgot to say. Got a new zoom router a couple weeks ago and things have never been better. No more random disconnects and rubber banding in game. I LOVE IT. and now sense it is docsis 3 I have better up and down. Awesome.