fan speed question

Hi, I want to know what fan speeds I can use on my 360 radiator please.

Temps are celcius.

Room temp is 28 degrees, (sometimes 33 in a hot summer.)

CPU is 41 degrees.

GPU is 34 degrees.

Mainboard is 36 degrees.

The water cooling is for one loop for CPU and GPU.

The fans on the radiator are aproximately 1800 rpm. (The thermaltakes are about 9 years old and the CoolerMaster is 3 and a half years old and the noisiest.)

I have seen fans at 1000 rpm being used, but at what ambient temps ???

Please advise if you have experienced slow fans that will keep quiet.

I've got 6 Late Yoon medium speed fans on mine...they're running at ~900 RPM much of the time. I'm only cooling my CPU, but even in my larger loop I rarely increased the fan speeds. Ambient temps in the 25-30 C range.

Generally my game plan is to lower fan speeds until my load temperatures are what I'm comfortable with...and in your case, you have a lot of headroom before your CPU/GPU are even warm.

Ha Ha Waco.  You crack me up............  Late Yoon  :)

On a serious note, it's hard to beat the Yate Loon medium speed fans.  If you don't need any fancy lights or bragging rights then the Yate Loons are a solid choice.

DOH!  Getting ready to build a new daily driver and was looking at the Gentle Typhoons and maybe some Noctuas if I can find them at a price point I can live with.

Like Waco said run them at what you are comfortable with noise and temp wise.    

I knew Late Yoon sounded familiar! Haha!

Just thought of something. A salesman would give me an untrustworthy answer for it though!

Can a one Mobo fan outlet run three 120 mm fans? Or is it to much?

I need to know so I can order the correct hardware for a fan change.

And many thanks! :thx:

Totally depends on the fans and the header design. I'd probably be comfortable with a pair of normal fans (nothing crazy high speed) on a single header...using three would depend on your motherboard design. If you're lucky the fan headers have a draw limit specification in your manual or something.

Thanks! Gotta go check!

Okay! Done checkin' and 1a and 12 watt. So three 2 watt fans should be okay. What do you think?

I can get 3 Scythe Glidestream 1000 rpm fans (SY1225HB12LM) for  $60-11 in AUS. I had hoped to get cheaper, but reading google seems these are reasonably quiet.

Noiseblocker 900 RPM's were better, but about 45 dollars each and only in UK.

My son is going to New York on 25 May 11pm till 29 May 4pm. I wonder if there are computer parts shops he can see. He is staying at The French Quarters in West Street.

Damn it! Another review. The Scythe 120's have a faint clicking sound. I might look up some cheap brands and get back to you.

Edited by Cespenar

I do things a bit differently. I use a Pwm splitter that has a dedicated power and ground to the psu so I can get my signal off the motherboard header.

I had to fine tune it to balance the cpu and gpu temperatures but its totally worth it. all I can ever hear is a dull hum and the fans sit around 800rpm. They are scythe slipstream fans so they do great.

I'm feeling I've wasted your time gentlemen, but I have learned a few things. So good!

No Yate Loons available in Australia, (edit: one x 140 mm at PCCasegear.)

Noctua NF-F12, start at 34 dollars and go to 39 dollars. Can't find other models.

No Slipstreams! Only Scythe Glidestreams, at $15 each. With frt 3 fans = a little over 60 dollars.

Finger stopped the three fans and the overall sound level is only cut in half. Hanging the radiator behind the desk may help a bit, but the P500 pump and PSU fan and 120mm exhaust fan at the back of the tower all could be seen to, somehow, but I think that such a hassle would be over the top.

Can a PSU fan in a Corsair HX model be  changed for a slower fan? ( no fan cable in the PSU )

Yate Loons on Amazon from Coolerguys. $4.80 But don't ship to Australia.\

FrozenCPU has some for $6.99. Have to check their shipping policy.

Waco, what does open chassis mean (not the open car door jokes, please)???  The model is Yate Loon 120mm x 25mm Fan - Open Chassis (D12SL-12)

It is 1350rpm. I cant find a slower one.

Edited by Cespenar